CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 08-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Caroline O'Dwyer

Profile:
CrossFit in Paris, France

Hey all,
I'm still new to CrossFit- I've been training for a month now. I am going to be leaving for an entire year for study abroad in Paris, France, on August 30th. Does anyone have ANY information about any CrossFit Affiliate in Paris? I've searched the web, and I've come across nothing. Does anyone know ANYBODY who CrossFit's in Paris?

I've gotten so into CrossFit and I can't imagine the next year without it. I mean I guess I could spend the time getting really damn good at Burpees... but, well, I don't know anyone that wants to do that...

Is anyone else going to be in Paris?? Would anyone want to start something up, or know how I could??? Any replies would be a HUGE help. I want to take CrossFit with me!! I can't afford to buy equipment while I'm there- so it would have to involve finding someone already there who wants to do CrossFit- or maybe starting something up at a gym.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
Ewen Roth

Profile:
Re: CrossFit in Paris, France

Hi,

There aren't any CF affiliates in Paris or in France, for that matter, but maybe some like-minded people will read your post. You can always join a regular gym (as un-globo gym as you can find, with free weights and a lifting platform or at least a usable squat cage) and work out there.

In particular, you should look into Oly/Power lifting gyms and clubs in and around Paris. They might be able to accommodate your CF needs, or at least give you an opportunity to work specifically on your lifts.

(links wfs)
http://samparis18eme.boostersite.com/
http://www.acbobigny.com/F_activite.htm

This thread might also be helpful:
http://www.board.crossfit.com/showth...ghlight=french
Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
Kadafi Radjabou

Profile:

Hey Caroline,

There is a CF affiliate in the Paris suburb which has recently opened.
There is nothing posted on the trainers themselves, level of knowledge on olympic lifting or CF experience. They seem to be mainly KB orientated. Their blog is quite rudimentary but you can give it a try anyway.

http://crossfitfrance.unblog.fr/
16, Av. Jean Monnet - 77270 VILLEPARISIS ( Zone de l'Ambrésis )
tel: +33 1 64 67 26 02

All the Best!
Kadafi
Old 07-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Noah Nuer

Profile:

I'm new to Cross Fit but I really enjoy it. I'm French born and raise, and I've been living in California for the past 10 years.

However I'm going to move back to Paris. So where is the conversation at about around Cross Fit and Paris?

Thanks,
-Noah
Old 01-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
Joachim Marty

Profile:

Hi everybody!
We are meeting in Paris 5-7 days a week with a group of friend to do WODs together.
We have some gears, so we can do a lot of different stuff. We meet in different places, usually at noon and in the evening.
Time of meeting and places are posted daily on the facebook page of the group, Crossfit Addicts Paris:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/274420229283079/

Hope to see you soon for some fun and sweat!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:51 AM   #6
Daniel Chaffey

Profile:

Some good news for CrossFitters either living in or visiting Paris. A box is being opened in the centre of Paris, for the beginning of May 2012. It will be called Reebok CrossFit Louvre, as it is @ 200 metres from the Louvre museum. I will keep you posted on the progress.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
Cecilia Garrec

Profile:

I'm new here and have never done crossfit but would like to! This is indeed great news! I'll be waiting to hear about this. Although I know the area, I can't really imagine where it will be located. Anyway, please keep us posted
Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Cecilia Garrec

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: CrossFit in Paris, France is finally a reality!!

Just thought that I'd share that Crossfit paris is finally going to be a reality

http://www.reebokcrossfitlouvre.com/

I understand that it will open in about 2 months.

So excited! I've signed up to be one of the founding members and this weekend, there's a fitness event in which I've signed up to do my first crossfit training session. Can't wait!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
Cecilia Garrec

Profile:
Re: CrossFit in Paris, France - it's open!

Just thought I'd let you all know that the box is open in Paris. I'm a 'founding member' and very happy to be part of the group. Great coaches, great location, and they're very involved in all aspects of crossfit. Had 6 mandatory training sessions in order to get my technique down and am now starting on a 3 day/week training.

If you're in Paris, come visit us!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
Joss Delage

Profile:

Hi,

How is this working? I'm going to be in Paris for a couple weeks and I'd love to find a place where to train.

Cheers,

Joss