CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 AM   #81
Richard Macaulay

Profile:
Re: Before & After pics - 5 months of CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Forman View Post
That's some good advice Richard! I typically stick to being fully clothed in public. :-)
haha thank you, i put alot of time and thought into it. Though seriously great work, you must be feeling very proud of yourself (and rightly so)?!

What are your goals for the next 5 months?

Ricky
Old 07-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #82
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Macaulay View Post
haha thank you, i put alot of time and thought into it. Though seriously great work, you must be feeling very proud of yourself (and rightly so)?!

What are your goals for the next 5 months?

Ricky
Hi Ricky,

My goals for the next 5 months...hmm.....I am up to 20 pull ups, and I'd like to get as many as 40! Also, I'd like to work on strength a little more. I would LOVE to compete at the 2009 Games (just for fun), but my strength is nowhere near where it needs to be. My single rep max for the deadlift isn't even 185! :-) I'm going to continue working out 5 days on 1 or 2 days off, but add some skill work/strength to the mix.

I also plan on trying to mix some zone portioning into my diet, and starting to really fine tune what I'm eating. I am still not quite as lean as I'd like to be!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #83
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Hi Ricky,

My goals for the next 5 months...hmm.....I am up to 20 pull ups, and I'd like to get as many as 40! Also, I'd like to work on strength a little more. I would LOVE to compete at the 2009 Games (just for fun), but my strength is nowhere near where it needs to be. My single rep max for the deadlift isn't even 185! :-) I'm going to continue working out 5 days on 1 or 2 days off, but add some skill work/strength to the mix.

I also plan on trying to mix some zone portioning into my diet, and starting to really fine tune what I'm eating. I am still not quite as lean as I'd like to be!
Are you really wanting to get that much leaner? You look great as u are.

Have u zoned before?

Iv got targets of a 200Kg deadift, im at 176kg's at the mo.Though my 5 rep max is 166Kg's, whihc doesnt seem to make sense lol.

Id also like an 80-100Kg standing press.

Also want to train at proper affiliate in the states when i come over at the beginning of the year. Than once iv finished my personal training studies i want to get CF certified. If im going to be a personal trainer anyway i may aswell train people they i train myself.

Ricky
Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #84
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Macaulay View Post
Are you really wanting to get that much leaner? You look great as u are.

Have u zoned before?

Ricky
I haven't been zoning, but I have just started to measure how much I'm eating. I've been logging it all online using www.thedailyplate.com (w/f/s). This has helped me to start fine tuning how much I'm consuming so that I can continue to get leaner. I'm not going to be a skeleton! I'll be a CrossFit Warrior Princess though!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:38 AM   #85
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
I haven't been zoning, but I have just started to measure how much I'm eating. I've been logging it all online using www.thedailyplate.com (w/f/s). This has helped me to start fine tuning how much I'm consuming so that I can continue to get leaner. I'm not going to be a skeleton! I'll be a CrossFit Warrior Princess though!

haha i have no doubt that u will be a great CF warrior princess. Actually as someone who has had the success u have had,+has gotten CF certified,+has opened an affiliate....u might be a CF warrior princess already??!!lol.

You wont be stick thin, ul have those sexy arms and figure that your fellow Cf elite women also posses?!

Ricky
Old 07-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #86
Leanne M Lloyd

Profile:

Quote:
I used to use MFD (My Food Diary), but I was doing a search for some nutritional information and ran across thedailyplate.com just yesterday. I cancelled my $9/mo subscription to MFD and signed up for the FREE daily plate membership. Might upgrade to gold... only 3.75 a month; but meh.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #87
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne M Lloyd View Post
I used to use MFD (My Food Diary), but I was doing a search for some nutritional information and ran across thedailyplate.com just yesterday. I cancelled my $9/mo subscription to MFD and signed up for the FREE daily plate membership. Might upgrade to gold... only 3.75 a month; but meh.
My only complaint about the daily plate is that there is no easy way to enter your "fitness" if you're doing CrossFit. Other than that, they have all the wonderful stuff we eat from Trader Joe's. That makes me happy.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #88
Leanne M Lloyd

Profile:

Quote:
My only complaint about the daily plate is that there is no easy way to enter your "fitness" if you're doing CrossFit. Other than that, they have all the wonderful stuff we eat from Trader Joe's. That makes me happy.
I haven't tried to log my fitness yet, but perhaps I'll just make do with on my log here and the journal I keep at home for now and keep my calories on target.

BTW great job, your before/after pictures are great, and you're size 3 now??!? You're now one of my new motivators! looks like we started at about the same size and I'm working towards getting down to a 3 or 5 (with muscle this time). Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 PM   #89
Caitlin McDonald

Profile:

Jennifer, do you have a video of you guys at your gym? Since this thread has gotten over 12,000 views, you should have a spotlight, or something in the videos.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:20 AM   #90
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin McDonald View Post
Jennifer, do you have a video of you guys at your gym? Since this thread has gotten over 12,000 views, you should have a spotlight, or something in the videos.
Having a spotlight or a video would definitely be fun! (psst! What's a spotlight?) We have been making little videos here and there, but they haven't been of us, they've been of our CrossFitters. Maybe we can make something over the weekend though! Any ideas for an interesting video? I'm on an "all legs" program for about a week or two due to an arm injury. So this little guy is me..... no arms: