CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 05-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
Beau Bryant

Profile:
I traveled to West Virginia to take the physical fitness test for the next State Police academy class. I wanted to post the results of that test to give any CF beginners some helpful info regarding the CF method. Questions about how CF works and will it prepare you for some type of selection comes up quite often, hopefully this will answer some of those.
Background:
I have been CF for about a year. Six months of that was learning the theory and movements with plenty of scaling. The last six months have been the WODs as required. I work out by myself in my garage and have never kept any records of time to compare progress. Just go as hard as I can on METCON days. In the last 2 months I have been suplimenting with my own ME black box to gain strength. The only thing I record is ME results.

I eat Zone/Paleo but measure nothing. I eat as much as I can possibly eat an have managed to gain about 10-15 pounds. 31yom/6'1"/195lbs

The test consisted of 3 events, 1 minute max pushups, 1 minute max situps, 1.5 mile run. I deliberately did not train for the test. I trained CF METCON 3 x week with my own ME templet 3 x week. I used a C2 for any and all workouts that called for any running and have not run in over 6 months (The results of the run was what I was most interested in).

Results:
1 minute max pushups = 82
1 minute max situps = 61
1.5 mile run = 10:03 (slow, I was shooting for a 9:30 but for not running at all for the last 6 months it confirmed that CF is great for GPP)

Already too long but I did want to mention I sported the CF Infidel T-shirt for the test and was welcomed by a Trooper around the 60 pushup mark providing me a little extra motivation......he apparently was a Crossfitter.