CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-23-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Kyle Corbin

Profile:
Waffle House FTW

Just wanted to let y'all know, Waffle House has been awesome for me. Whenever I don't feel like cooking anything, that's where I'll be. I've lost about 30lb since doing Paleo + cheese, and Waffle House has been instrumental.

Get the pork chops and eggs with sliced tomatoes instead of hashbrowns, or a 3 egg Fiesta omlet (ham, onion, japs). Everything is pretty much Paleo except for the butter they cook with, and Mark Sisson isn't worried about butter so neither am I. Oh and bacon too, of course.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Nic Kirkland

Profile:
Re: Waffle House FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Corbin View Post
Just wanted to let y'all know, Waffle House has been awesome for me. Whenever I don't feel like cooking anything, that's where I'll be. I've lost about 30lb since doing Paleo + cheese, and Waffle House has been instrumental.

Get the pork chops and eggs with sliced tomatoes instead of hashbrowns, or a 3 egg Fiesta omlet (ham, onion, japs). Everything is pretty much Paleo except for the butter they cook with, and Mark Sisson isn't worried about butter so neither am I. Oh and bacon too, of course.
Agreed. As long as you stay away from the waffles and hashbrowns Waffle House is money.

Imagine the laughs you get telling people you lost 30 lbs on "the Waffle House Diet."
Old 04-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
James Rollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Corbin View Post

Watching HBO's "The Pacific" has me

Breakfast places are awesome to go out to eat at. You can usually replace the toast/pancakes with some sort of veggie. Luckily they are some of the only places open at 2am too! Offer to be DD and there is no excuse to "cheat", and your friends will love ya.

Colorodo Omelete gooo
Old 04-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
Kyle Corbin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rollo View Post

Breakfast places are awesome to go out to eat at. You can usually replace the toast/pancakes with some sort of veggie. Luckily they are some of the only places open at 2am too! Offer to be DD and there is no excuse to "cheat", and your friends will love ya.

Colorodo Omelete gooo
DD is an awesom idea. Never thought of that.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
Jean-Paul Lara

Profile:

agreed, those places are definitlely great places to go to and still not "cheat."

I go to this breakfast place called Foxy's and they serve an 8oz New York steak with mixed fruit and cottage cheese. Awesome breakfast! (cottage cheese IS cheating to me)
Old 04-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #6
Christy Labrie

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rollo View Post
Same here- first thought I had to go back and read it and then got it.
I watch too many war things.