CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #21
Rachel Izzo

Profile:
Re: My Amazing Cheat Day

Haha I dunno. As long as the extra calories don't show up around my stomach, I'll be ok
Old 10-06-2008, 05:29 AM   #22
James Forshaw

Profile:

What happens to all the calories if you eat, say, 4000kcals of pure crap in a day purely as a one-off? Do you store every single calorie that you don't use? Because that must be a lot of stored stuff. I'm not denouncing cheating btw, I believe it's good for the soul and should be done every 10 days at the very least.

Derek, it's interesting that you won't eat pancakes even if you're pigging out. There have been days where I've eaten chinese, kfc, family bars of chocolate and countless bags of crisps in addition to normal meals all in a 24 hour period, yet I will never eat in McDonalds as long as I live.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 AM   #23
Laura Kurth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Forshaw View Post
What happens to all the calories if you eat, say, 4000kcals of pure crap in a day purely as a one-off? Do you store every single calorie that you don't use? Because that must be a lot of stored stuff. I'm not denouncing cheating btw, I believe it's good for the soul and should be done every 10 days at the very least.

Derek, it's interesting that you won't eat pancakes even if you're pigging out. There have been days where I've eaten chinese, kfc, family bars of chocolate and countless bags of crisps in addition to normal meals all in a 24 hour period, yet I will never eat in McDonalds as long as I live.
ditto. I will eat pancakes, fries, doughnuts etc. But I will NOT eat mac donalds. Never.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:56 AM   #24
Laura Kurth

Profile:

oh and NICE cheat day rachel.

I would plug it into fitday for the hell of it!! I doubt its 5,000 calories though, if you usuallly eat only 1500 it seems unlikely you could get to 5k without being physically ill.

I can easily put away 3k on a good day, especially if it was active (long hike, snowboarding etc.). I don't know what my highest day ever would be but probably back in my big drinking days I'd have drank that many with sugary cocktails etc.

These days, I bet I could eat 4k if I really pushed it but I would feel very ill. I would prefer to just eat an extra 500 for a few days in a row.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #25
Rachel Izzo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Kurth View Post
oh and NICE cheat day rachel.

I would plug it into fitday for the hell of it!! I doubt its 5,000 calories though, if you usuallly eat only 1500 it seems unlikely you could get to 5k without being physically ill.

I can easily put away 3k on a good day, especially if it was active (long hike, snowboarding etc.). I don't know what my highest day ever would be but probably back in my big drinking days I'd have drank that many with sugary cocktails etc.

These days, I bet I could eat 4k if I really pushed it but I would feel very ill. I would prefer to just eat an extra 500 for a few days in a row.
Haha yeah maybe I should, although I'd be kind of scared to see what it ends up to be! I probably eat more around 2k now (ditched zone, it was too low calories), so 5k would be doable, I suppose. With all that sugar I have really no idea how much it is!
But weird thing is I feel totally fine this morning, completely awake, alert etc.

Oh yeah and I'm with you and James on that one, I'll eat butterfinger and any kind of chocolate to my heart's content, but I'll never touch fast food or any type of hostess cakes.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #26
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Quote:

No, you won't store every single calorie you don't use. Lots will be "lost in transit". In order to put on any noticeable fat in a day, you'd pretty much need to eat til you threw up, then go at it again.

Any extra tissue would likely be water weight.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #27
Rachel Izzo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Weaver View Post
No, you won't store every single calorie you don't use. Lots will be "lost in transit". In order to put on any noticeable fat in a day, you'd pretty much need to eat til you threw up, then go at it again.

Any extra tissue would likely be water weight.
THAT'S good to know. I plugged my bingefest into fitday and it was roughly (and I mean VERY roughly) 3000 cals, so not as bad as it could've been (although realistically it was probably a bit more).
Old 10-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #28
Adam Scheiner

Profile:

Rachel next cheat day try this sandwich

It tastes best when drunk
"fat *****"
Cheese steak with cheese wiz
chicken fingers
mozzarella sticks
topped with ketchup in Mayonnaise

It was amazing, I got while up at State College at a place called "Are you Hungry"
Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #29
Rachel Izzo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Scheiner View Post
Rachel next cheat day try this sandwich

It tastes best when drunk
"fat *****"
Cheese steak with cheese wiz
chicken fingers
mozzarella sticks
topped with ketchup in Mayonnaise

It was amazing, I got while up at State College at a place called "Are you Hungry"
WOW ....
Old 10-07-2008, 05:20 AM   #30
Alicia Michel

Profile:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Kurth View Post
ditto. I will eat pancakes, fries, doughnuts etc. But I will NOT eat mac donalds. Never.
I feel like a garbage bin compared to you three. I will eat anything on pig out days