CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 06-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Joseph Gizzi

Profile:
Videos Posted on Mainsite

Is there a way to download the videos posted on the main site? I want to put on my ipod but am not very computer savvy.

The video i am talking about specifically is the "Let the Games Begin"
Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Paul Siegel

Profile:
Re: Videos Posted on Mainsite

That one in particular is on youtube. On of the few from HQ on there. I imagine that you can save it from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuTu44R3dSE (WFS, except it's youtube, so you know...)
Old 06-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Derek Franks

Profile:
Re: Videos Posted on Mainsite

Just right click on the video (the .mov one) and select "Save As". Then go into iTunes and import the video file that you just saved. You can then select it to sync to your ipod.

That said, the video can be compressed quite a bit to better fit onto your ipod. You need to download a free program called "handbrake". It allows you to convert/compress videos into a format supported by your ipod. There are presets already in the program for the ipod. All you have to do is select the source file, and tell it where and what you want the output file to be located and called. You would then import the video file you just created into itunes and sync with your ipod.