CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Nick Cruz

Profile:
I am starting this thread for those of us who are going to the Crossfit Games in June. For one, I am curious as to the type of person that is entering.

Secondly, if you need a carpool to your local airport, need a ride to the event, to your hotel, etc, are looking to share a room, rental car, want someone to ride next to you on the jet because you are afraid of flying, you can post it here.

Ill go first.

I will celebrating my 1 year Crossfit Anniversary at the Crossfit Games. I am competing more against myself than against anyone there though I am going to give it everything I have!

I am traveling from Anaheim, CA with 3 other people (1 is entering the run competition, the others are spectators). We are renting a car on Friday to take us to John Wayne Airport for a 4:45 flight (Flight #559), and will have a rental car to take us to our hotel in Salinas once we arrive. If anyone needs a ride to John Wayne Airport or from San Jose Airport down towards the event area feel free to PM me. We can pick you up to take you to John Wayne if you are on the way betwen Anaheim and John Wayne. Once we get to San Jose I will only be able to give you a ride from the airport to the hotel as we are taking the rental car down the coast on the way home and need to pick up one more person at SJC on Saturday.

PS, Flight 559 Friday at 4:45pm still has open seats at 60 for a one way.

Nick
Old 05-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Ronnie Boose

Profile:
Nick, not sure who is actually signed up so far. The Games are not really supposed to be like the Olympics, where only the very best have the chance to compete. The Games are open all levels of experience and skill. While this event is a competition, there should be equal emphasis on enjoying the CrossFit community and enduring, oops, I mean enjoying some fun workouts.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
Nick Cruz

Profile:
Agreed, thats why I ended up signing up. I know that I am nowhere near competing at the levels that many others are. I decided (with some prodding from other board members)that I should sign up for the personal satisfaction of saying that I did it. If I can come out of the weekend in one piece then I win! I am really looking forward to getting a really kick*** workout with a bunch of really kick*** people!

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky-
Old 05-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
Brian Vandewettering

Profile:
I sent in my registration yesterday. I've been doing CrossFit for about 6 months. Pullups and pushups/dips are still my weakness, but I'll be working them hard between now and then.

See you there!

-Brian