CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #31
Jonathan Slater

Profile:
Re: Jonathan's Workout Log.

Fri 07/11/08
---------------
Squat - 75kg x5 x3
Bench - 55kg x5 x3 (PR)
Deadlift - 110kg x5 (PR)

Ok, those squats and deadlifts were mentally hard! The bench is tough, but the added 'might get crushed' factor of squats and the sheer weight of the deadlifts are just brutal. God, I love them. Afterwards.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #32
Jonathan Slater

Profile:

Nutritional Update

Have had a couple of days strictly paleo/zoning now. Feel.... lighter. I don't believe I've lost any weight this quickly, so it's probably just due to having less nasty things in me, but it's a pleasant sensation either way.

I'm not sure what's harder: 5RM squats from the other day or watching my wife and everyone that we invited over for dinner eating roast potatoes, cream cake, and drinking wine, while I abstain and stick to water, chicken and a heap of hot veg. Having said that, the two things (squats and abstinence) were actually very similar; they were difficult, about halfway through them my mind wondered what the hell I was doing, and I felt tremendously satisfied and pleased with myself afterwards.

Go me.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #33
Jonathan Slater

Profile:

Another successful Zoning day. One thing I have definitely noticed is that with unfavourable carbs, the effect is measly, whereas a bowl full of fried onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn and tomatoes really does the trick. Mmmm I love fried veg.

Monday 10/11/08
--------------------
Squat - 75kgx5x3
Press - 32.5kgx5x3
Power clean - 45kgx5x3

Wait - did I just get a little better at the bounce and the hip drive? Oh yes, I think I did.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #34
Jonathan Slater

Profile:
Angry Re: Jonathan's Workout Log.

Today you can officially label a disaster. First, the stats:

Wed 12/11/08
-------------
Squats 70kg x5x3
Bench 55kg x4

Yes, that's the lot. I already know why - I hope - it is because I am newly Zoning and need to up my fat amounts. Nicole Carroll's article 'Getting Off The Crack' (which got me to do the Zone in the first place) details how her first days were hellish, and my last few days have indeed been hellish. I'm irritable, over-emotional in all the negative ways, listless, permanently tired, and have no energy whatsoever. I felt better when I ate a crappy diet, by a million miles. When I was doing the first set of squats, I could actually feel myself falling asleep as I forced up (somehow) the 70kg that felt like more than 75kg. I warmed my arms up for the bench, feeling no better, and on the fifth rep of the first work set my arms gave out. I physically couldn't lift it an inch from my chest, so I kind of heaved it down to my hips, sat up and rolled it off my legs.

Not a good few days. Even work has been a long, tired drag. Every tiny thing grates on my nerves and makes me grind my teeth. I'm amazed at the effect of it, so quickly. Praying that the extra fat will sort me out, and fast.