CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 05-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
Ben Dooley

Profile:
Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster. Thank you all for the wonderful insights.

I've been doing Crossfit for about four months now, and have had excellent results. I do, however, have one concern. I have developed serious asymmetry in my quads and abs. I know that some asymmetry is natural, but it has now developed to the point where I wonder if there is some problem in my training. I've started adding extra pistols to my smaller leg, hoping to bring it up to speed, but have no idea how to go about addressing the imbalance in the abs. Please note, I don't mean they are uneven, but that the left side is considerably more developed than the right. Is there any training I can do to address this? Might it be due to problems with my form? I'm a little worried that the imbalance might lead to other problems down the line. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ben
Old 05-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Where are the numbers? Do you have one quad that is 20" and the other is 30"? Or are we talking 1-2" difference?

Most people will have a dominate side that is slightly bigger. And even those who measure the same, there will be aesthetic differences that make things look "off."

Unless it's affecting your performance in sport or life (ie, you can't walk without pain) then I wouldn't worry about it too much.