CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
Javier Ramirez

Profile:
Re: UFC 140 - Jones v Machida

Looking forward to one of the better light heavyweight fights of this year. The finesse of Lyoto's movements will definitely be enough to catch Jones, but only if he can get past the huge reach advantage. I feel that Jones will take this match, and furthermore prove that he deserves to be the champion.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:26 AM   #12
Mark Martinez

Profile:

While it would be cool to see Machida do well, I can't see Machida doing a whole lot of damage. It's going to be Jones by TKO.

Machida has inferior reach and conditioning. That's not a winning combination.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #13
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Martinez View Post
While it would be cool to see Machida do well, I can't see Machida doing a whole lot of damage. It's going to be Jones by TKO.

Machida has inferior reach and conditioning. That's not a winning combination.
Machida has the better conditioning. That's fairly obvious of you've seen all of his fight compared to all of Jones fights. Jones still has a questionable gas tank.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #14
Chu Kim

Profile:

^Just curious as to why you guys are quoting each other when the post you are responding to is directly above your post? It is kind of unnecessary don't you think?

Anyway Machida is going to whup Jones, up, down, and all around the cage. His unorthodox style is too much for Jones, and just like Greg Jackson's other guy, Rashad Evans, there is a strong possibility that Jones will get KO'ed by Machida. Jones's youth and overconfidence will finally catch up to him and be his undoing in this particular fight.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #15
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Doug and Chu-
I don't recall a fight where I saw Jones gassed out. I have not watched all of his fights, so it is realistic that I simply missed it - can you point me in the right direction.

I thought that he looked pretty fresh through the 4th round with Rampage. That might also be due to the fact that he didn't sustain much damage, but if you recall, all the HW fighters looked like crap on that card due to the altitude (or the altitude and lack of conditioning).
Old 10-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #16
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Kim View Post
^Just curious as to why you guys are quoting each other when the post you are responding to is directly above your post? It is kind of unnecessary don't you think?.
No, it's not unnecessary. How do I know while I'm typing a response that someone hasn't posted already? It makes it easier for everyone. That's why they have that feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
Doug and Chu-
I don't recall a fight where I saw Jones gassed out. I have not watched all of his fights, so it is realistic that I simply missed it - can you point me in the right direction.

I thought that he looked pretty fresh through the 4th round with Rampage. That might also be due to the fact that he didn't sustain much damage, but if you recall, all the HW fighters looked like crap on that card due to the altitude (or the altitude and lack of conditioning).
Bonnar, O'Brien and Gusmo. Unless he was playing possum he looked visibly worn out in those fights.

In the Rampage fight he looked great. Could be becuase he didn't have to really do anything other than stand back and pick apart Rampage.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #17
Mark Martinez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blankenship View Post
No, it's not unnecessary. How do I know while I'm typing a response that someone hasn't posted already? It makes it easier for everyone. That's why they have that feature.

Bonnar, O'Brien and Gusmo. Unless he was playing possum he looked visibly worn out in those fights.

In the Rampage fight he looked great. Could be becuase he didn't have to really do anything other than stand back and pick apart Rampage.
Machida didn't look too great against Shogun both times. Jones man-handled Shogun.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #18
Robert Callahan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Kim View Post
Anyway Machida is going to whup Jones, up, down, and all around the cage. His unorthodox style is too much for Jones, and just like Greg Jackson's other guy, Rashad Evans, there is a strong possibility that Jones will get KO'ed by Machida. Jones's youth and overconfidence will finally catch up to him and be his undoing in this particular fight.
I won't go so far as to say Machida has no chance, but to say he will "whup Jones, up, down, and all around the cage" is ridiculous. It is certainly possible he will win, but it will not be a KO finish, he just does not have the reach to land enough combos to get a TKO stoppage. If he gets a lucky shot and drops Jones cold, maybe, but I just don't see that happening. The only way I see Machida MAYBE winning is decision.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #19
Tanner Duncan

Profile:

I've been wrong on most of the prelims, but I think it goes Jones, Mir, Little Nog, Ebersole, Hominick.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #20
Brett Dartt

Profile:

phenomenal fights tonight. holy ****