CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
Nicole Cliffe

Profile:
Re: New and Want to get Bikini Bod

You'll notice a big difference once your Paleo kicks in, too. KEEP EATING. I agree with the poster who said that women sometimes freak out when there's an initial scale bump from muscle before they start losing body fat. If you start cutting calories, you're not going to get strong enough to progress to that point. Eggs, avocados, almonds, meat and fish!

Don't forget to take your measurements, too. And, while we're doling out advice, you should try to sleep more - you absolutely need more sleep on CF than you usually do.

Good luck!!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
Thomas Baker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haxmeier View Post
These are the bulkiest legs I think I've seen in a crossfit woman. And they are perfect.

She also just came in #2 in the sectionals as well so she's a bad mammajamma who can do more (of anything) than most. So unless you are doing something special I'm pretty sure your legs won't get obscenely bulky or veiny and disgusting like a body builder. And if you keep doing crossfit and getting fit you will surely be on the right track to your bikini body.
Wow. You just made my day, Matt.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
John Jaeckel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Baker View Post
Wow. You just made my day, Matt.
+1.

Lisa,

Nothing wrong with doing a little extra running/cardio—as part of your overall CF program. I plan to add in a 5-10K WOD once a week as soon as the weather is nice for the very purpose of shedding a few extra pounds of fat.

DO NOT worry about getting "too muscular."

No offense, but in my experience that is an timeworn excuse people use not to work hard. I, too am a mesopmorph (ie, put on muscle easily), I have gained 10-12 pounds of muscle since starting CF, while losing 28 overall, that's like 40 pounds of fat— and I definitely look thinner, my pants are falling off me. Good problems to have.

Stick with Paleo. It works. And it will make you feel great. You'll know when you slip up and eat too much sugar or drink too much— and feel like garbage the next day!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haxmeier View Post
These are the bulkiest legs I think I've seen in a crossfit woman. And they are perfect.

She also just came in #2 in the sectionals as well so she's a bad mammajamma who can do more (of anything) than most. So unless you are doing something special I'm pretty sure your legs won't get obscenely bulky or veiny and disgusting like a body builder. And if you keep doing crossfit and getting fit you will surely be on the right track to your bikini body.
She was one of the trainers at my cert class. Her quads are AMAZING. She's powerful, all the way around.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #15
Thomas Baker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Tabor View Post
She was one of the trainers at my cert class. Her quads are AMAZING. She's powerful, all the way around.
Hahahaha on the Quads comment. Only we notice these things. Classic.