CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 05-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Liv Toernqvist

Profile:
New from Sweden

Hi everyone!
I did my first ever CF WOD today, I figured that it was a good idea to start slow and then be hungry for more instead of getting let down.. so I did "Cindy", puppie style with 1-4-7 (pull-up/push-ups/squats). I have been working out with the classic biceps-triceps/legs/abs-back days for about three years, not extremely strict, and I must say that it feels weird, but refreshing to leave those days behind and do a mix of work outs! I definitely got tired, and sweaty, and now I'm looking forward to some pain tomorrow!
I really hope I can stay with it, but I must add that in those three years of hangning out at the gym, I never once saw someone doing CF.. I guess it hasn't gotten its breakthrough here yet. So now they, the know-it-all's, have something to talk about

I think I have most of the excersises figured out, but do anyone know what I can sub kettlebell with? They don't have it at my gym...
And if anyone happens to be from Sweden, or even Scandinavia, feel free to write! The more the merrier, right?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
Charlie A Nilsson

Profile:
Re: New from Sweden

Hi i'm from sweden, a little bit just outside Halmstad.
Moving back from England within a few weeks.

You can use a Dumbbell to sub a KB.

No, it doesn't appear to be that popular in sweden, yet

Cheers
Charlie
28/5.6/~150# DL: 419# BS: 330# Press: 155# "Mary" 16+2 "Angie" 15:29 "Murph" 34:15 "Fran" 3:42
Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Welcome, Liv!
Start a trend in Sweden. Pass the Koolaid around!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
Steve Ericson

Profile:

Swede's are awesome! I live in America but I am well 75% Swedish. One of my grandmothers is Norwegian, it’s not my fault

Welcome to crossfit. I suggest thoroughly going through the main site to start, and when you have other questions don't forget to try the search function first, as they have probably been answered before. Sometimes the natives get restless when they answer the same question over and over. Crossfit is great, once i saw the results I was hooked
Old 05-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #5
Tommy Malmqvist

Profile:

Hey Liv, I am also from Sweden, Stockholm city. Been doing CrossFit for about 4 months now! Great program
Old 06-01-2008, 12:24 AM   #6
Liv Toernqvist

Profile:

Thank you all for the welcome!

Now the mission is to get all the excercises right, I wish there was a CF place here!
Old 06-01-2008, 12:40 AM   #7
Steve Ericson

Profile:

There is a crossfit in Stockholm, looks to be about 250 miles from you. You could probably drive over and get some coaching and do a few group work outs if you really wanted to get a head start!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:08 AM   #8
Linus Hector

Profile:

Hej det finns ett ganska många svenskar som kör crossfit. Kolla in facebook gruppen crossfit sthlm.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #9
Marcus Jannesson

Profile:

Hi, actually we are spreading the word in Växjö. At the police officer program we are a few - we happy few band of brother! Whom training CrossFit - me meet on a regular basis at 8pm every evening during the weekdays to train together.

I myself work as an psychology teacher at the police officer program, have been training since December. Right now i would say we are about 10+ people training together. Some of us as me - are ONLY doing CrossFit, that is my only training. I am since January following the WODs as they appear on the CFHQ.

Well, just wanted to say hi from Sweden and thank Coach for the greatest and best workout i ever come across!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 AM   #10
Charlie A Nilsson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Jannesson View Post
Hi, actually we are spreading the word in Växjö. At the police officer program we are a few - we happy few band of brother! Whom training CrossFit - me meet on a regular basis at 8pm every evening during the weekdays to train together.

I myself work as an psychology teacher at the police officer program, have been training since December. Right now i would say we are about 10+ people training together. Some of us as me - are ONLY doing CrossFit, that is my only training. I am since January following the WODs as they appear on the CFHQ.

Well, just wanted to say hi from Sweden and thank Coach for the greatest and best workout i ever come across!
Hi, welcome to the world of fitness

Skämt åsido, jag lämnar England för sverige nu om nån vecka bara, och hamnar i hemma i halland/småland igen.

Trevligt att se att några som är nogorlunda nära en själv har hittat crossfit
Tillbringar väl 50/50 av min tid Hyltebruk/ljungby.

Happy crossfitting
28/5.6/~150# DL: 419# BS: 330# Press: 155# "Mary" 16+2 "Angie" 15:29 "Murph" 34:15 "Fran" 3:42