CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
Rodger Core

Profile:
Re: New here, switching from bodybuilding to Crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
How tall are you? Unless you're 5'5" I'm not understanding why you'd want to stay at 150lbs if you care about getting stronger. But yeah, you can get stronger at a lighter weight, albeit not as quickly. Your weight will mostly be a function of how much you eat.

CFFB is split into the daily WOD and the strength WOD. The daily WOD is what's in the main blog post and is generally the same for all levels. Off to the right you'll see a week's worth of strength WODs, they're what's split into amateur/college/pro levels. Today is a rest day but you can flip back through the last few days to get an idea of how they look. You'll want to follow amateur based on your current strength levels.
im actually 5'5 to 5'6 lol so 150 on me looks kind of thick to people. I'll be happy to reach 160-170 if it's all solid but being 5'5-5'6 it might take awile if i want it to be solid. I was 159 at one point but it was pretty soft around the midsection. And okay thanks again. Like i said i did today's reg. crossfit workout which was tabata training....tomorrow night i'm doing an all night event at my church so I'm gonna start CFFB Monday afternoon.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
Paulo Santos

Profile:

If you want to stay at 150#, then watch what you eat. If you put on muscle, you will slightly gain weight, but it won't be all that much. I'm just slightly taller than you at 5'7" and when I was 154#, I looked like a 15 year old kid. I'm back up to 170 and feel better. Just follow the program, eat right and your body will do the rest.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
Rodger Core

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
If you want to stay at 150#, then watch what you eat. If you put on muscle, you will slightly gain weight, but it won't be all that much. I'm just slightly taller than you at 5'7" and when I was 154#, I looked like a 15 year old kid. I'm back up to 170 and feel better. Just follow the program, eat right and your body will do the rest.
okay dude. I would love to be 170 in all honesty. Hell I'd be 200 if i could be 10% bodyfat with that much weight on my small frame. I'm just worried even if eat really healthy it'll be a lot of fat gain.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Core View Post
okay dude. I would love to be 170 in all honesty. Hell I'd be 200 if i could be 10% bodyfat with that much weight on my small frame. I'm just worried even if eat really healthy it'll be a lot of fat gain.
LOL. Would t we all love to be 200# with 10% bodyfat. Don't worry, you won't gain any bodyfat if you continue to eat healthy and do CFFB.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
Rodger Core

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
LOL. Would t we all love to be 200# with 10% bodyfat. Don't worry, you won't gain any bodyfat if you continue to eat healthy and do CFFB.
Lol right. A guy that first told me about crossfit is 5'8 225 lbs and when he was in the navy he was 220 lbs at 9% bodyfat. very lucky genetics. But okay. It'd be nice to decrease bodyfat from the short heavy metcons while gaining some weight