CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #821
Dave Matteson

Profile:
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
i dunno...i'd want to flaunt my relationship status on facebook. i mean...a real status, not being married to my best friend (yes, i was one of THOSE girls. she broke up with me so she could put up her real status)

but if he were that against it, i don't think i'd care all that much. why wouldn't you accept the request, dave?
Sorry to hear about your breakup. That must have been difficult for you. I hope you're both happy.

But to answer your question:

1) We had been going out less than two months. Were we dating, yes, but that's way too soon for me to call it a "relationship."

2) I have no interest in posting my relationship status on Facebook, even if it's only visible to friends. If I want my friends and family to know, I do the old-fashioned thing and tell them and/or introduce them to the girl.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #822
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Matteson View Post
Sorry to hear about your breakup. That must have been difficult for you. I hope you're both happy.

But to answer your question:

1) We had been going out less than two months. Were we dating, yes, but that's way too soon for me to call it a "relationship."

2) I have no interest in posting my relationship status on Facebook, even if it's only visible to friends. If I want my friends and family to know, I do the old-fashioned thing and tell them and/or introduce them to the girl.
yeah, the divorce was ugly...we don't even talk anymore (not because of the divorce, though that would be pretty funny)

that's understandable. just asking! yeah...no need to get "extremely mad" at somebody for that

Old 04-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #823
Departed

Profile:  

I had gone out with this girl a couple times and thought things were going fairly well. Then I get a text from her at work that says she can't see me anymore because her therapist told her I was a negative influence.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #824
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Chris,

You should thank the therapist.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #825
Eric Doolittle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Matteson View Post
I broke up with a girl after she got extremely mad at me because I wouldn't acknowledge our relationship on Facebook (because that makes it "real"). Apparently there were no "real" relationships before 2004.
My girlfriend bothered me for about two weeks to change my status before I finally did it. Apparently its a major step in the relationship.... or something.

And it wasn't that I didn't particularly want to, its just that I rarely even get on myspace/facebook anymore, and I didn't think it was especially important.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #826
Kristi Folowell

Profile:

I was once dating a guy who accused me of sleeping with some random guy that apparently someone he worked with (who had never met me) said he saw me making it out with at some bar of which I didn't even know exsisted. The guy accuses me first, refuses to talk to me, investigates by going to the bar in question and showing my picture to people who work there, decides I am innocent and then comes to talk to me about it. (Should have broke that one off then) Then when I got dumped by him he called to say he was on his way to my house for dinner that evening then never showed up or called again...classy. (Oh and no he hadn't died or ended up in the hospital, I checked to give him the benefit of the doubt) Boy can I pick em...

Last edited by Kristi Folowell; 04-30-2009 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 04-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #827
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Kristi,

How is that better than bed wetting?

Old 04-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #828
Kristi Folowell

Profile:

Jamie,

You know now that I think about it...it really isn't much better than bed wetting. Oh and this man was 32 yrs old and made a big speech when we first started dating about how communication was a big part of success in a relationship. I thought that meant with me, but apparently it meant with everyone but me until he had investigated fully. Live and learn right?

Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #829
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Yeah, dating can be suck. I don't get it. WHy is it so damn hard. Damn geography.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #830
Brian Bedell

Profile:

Jamie,

Too high expectations? Dating is easy for me! whoo hoo!

lol

Closed Thread