CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #801
Kevin Daigle

Profile:
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Moore View Post
Just because I haven't had someone **** in my bed doesn't mean that I don't have my own shocking or ridiculous stories of my own. They just don't involve a drunk girl ****ing in my bed. And I definately don't think that it's a super positive learning/growing experience.

I've heard plenty of stories like that and while they are all usually really funny I always find myself saying, "glad that wasn't me."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those who have those experiences nor am I saying that I'm better then them.

I'm still with Renee on this one, I'm happy to say that I haven't had stuff like that happen to me and I'm pretty sure I'm not missing out on anything. Pity me if you want to, that's just my belief.
Thats fine, but thats akin to the people who say CF is stupid without ever having experienced it. And no, I'm not talking about a girl ****ing in your bed. I'm talking about the sum total of thousands of ridiculous moments just like that.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:33 AM   #802
Tirzah Harper

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
it's really not that hard. there are seven of them and they're mostly emotions:

happy, sneezy, dopey, grumpy, bashful, doc and sleepy.

not hard, guys. even if you've only seen the movie once as a kid...you should be able to get it.
I think I've seen the movie maybe twice in my life and I can name the dwarves better than my husband, who actually grew up with a TV. It's more about the type of memory you have than the amount of culture you were exposed to.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:23 AM   #803
Brian Bedell

Profile:

Found an awesomely hilarious website last night textsfromlastnight.com (not wfs for language, no pics).

Besides it being funny, many of the texts are examples of just such ridiculous college-y things happening to people. And it appears bed pee-ing is not that uncommon by the way.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:52 AM   #804
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirzah Harper View Post
I think I've seen the movie maybe twice in my life and I can name the dwarves better than my husband, who actually grew up with a TV. It's more about the type of memory you have than the amount of culture you were exposed to.
@tirzah: thank you!

brian? stop trying to justify it :P it's just NOT okay.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 AM   #805
Frank Dennis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
i feel like this is yet another thing i'm in the severe minority in...

this thread is reminiscent of the peeps/gsc thread.

i bet frank would know the ability scores for most D&D classes off the top of his head though...

(no, i don't know them)
Again, happily, no... I never played old-school D&D.

However, in the interests of full geek disclosure, I can tell you that you can only keep a wormhole open between active Stargates for 38 minutes under non-relativistic conditions, that the hosts of the Dax symbiont were, in order, Leela, Tobin, Emony, Audrid, Torias, Joran, Curzon, Jadzia, Verad (briefly), Jadzia (again), Yedrin (in a closed recursive timeline), and finally Ezri, and that since Sebaceans can't regulate their body temperatures at extreme highs and Scarrans have extremely high body temperatures, Scorpius has a really crappy time of it.

Yeah, all my favorite TV shows have wormholes...

Old 04-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #806
C James Barton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
No ones leaves baby in the corner
As a sometime salsa dancer and DJ, liking Dirty Dancing is pretty much compulsory. Best lines:

"It's a feeling; a heartbeat."
-- describes the music, or at least a part of it, perfectly, and

"Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine. You gotta hold the frame."
-- some teachers get a lot of mileage out of this!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #807
Alix Clark

Profile:

"I thought this year we could do... the Pachanga!"

Old 04-29-2009, 07:52 AM   #808
Mat Frankel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bedell View Post
Found an awesomely hilarious website last night textsfromlastnight.com (not wfs for language, no pics).

Besides it being funny, many of the texts are examples of just such ridiculous college-y things happening to people. And it appears bed pee-ing is not that uncommon by the way.
If this conversation is heading down this road, AND getting into Top Gun quotes, I gotta jump in.
That website is awesome! Is there a way to recover deleted texts, id send a bunch in.
There is another website overheardinnewyork.com (NOT WFS, language sometimes) It's worth the read. If you take public transportation, definitely start listening to what some others are saying (yeah kinda creepy when you think about it) it can be hilarious.

"The list is long and distinguished..." who said it?

Old 04-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #809
Mark Janus

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Frankel View Post
If this conversation is heading down this road, AND getting into Top Gun quotes, I gotta jump in.
That website is awesome! Is there a way to recover deleted texts, id send a bunch in.
There is another website overheardinnewyork.com (NOT WFS, language sometimes) It's worth the read. If you take public transportation, definitely start listening to what some others are saying (yeah kinda creepy when you think about it) it can be hilarious.

"The list is long and distinguished..." who said it?
Gotta be Goose, talking about butt kissing to get into the program?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #810
Alix Clark

Profile:

Next question - what are some of the (funny) reasons you've broken up with someone?

I got to the stage with one BF where the way he breathed (in and out and in out - it was neverending) really started to irritate me. I knew then that it was time to go our separate ways...

Closed Thread