CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #771
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

My first four years in the Navy sound a bit like your college experience, Kevin, with the exception of occasional fires and chances of crush injuries.

Hell, my Germany deployment in 2001 sounds like your college years with the exception of the next day we left and went somewhere else to do the same thing.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #772
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D Taylor Jr View Post
My first four years in the Navy sound a bit like your college experience, Kevin, with the exception of occasional fires and chances of crush injuries.

Hell, my Germany deployment in 2001 sounds like your college years with the exception of the next day we left and went somewhere else to do the same thing.
we had a few fires as well actually, that was the impetus to end ONE of the prank wars before someone died.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #773
Marcus Allen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Daigle View Post
life would be pretty boring if nothing shocking or ridiculous ever happened. I don't think I want to live that way.
this is why its fun to be a paramedic!

Old 04-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #774
Scott Moore.

Profile:

Quote:
life would be pretty boring if nothing shocking or ridiculous ever happened. I don't think I want to live that way.
Just because I haven't had someone **** in my bed doesn't mean that I don't have my own shocking or ridiculous stories of my own. They just don't involve a drunk girl ****ing in my bed. And I definately don't think that it's a super positive learning/growing experience.

I've heard plenty of stories like that and while they are all usually really funny I always find myself saying, "glad that wasn't me."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those who have those experiences nor am I saying that I'm better then them.

I'm still with Renee on this one, I'm happy to say that I haven't had stuff like that happen to me and I'm pretty sure I'm not missing out on anything. Pity me if you want to, that's just my belief.
http://pantherfit.blogspot.com/And those who had seen it told how he who had been possessed with demons was healed -Luke 8:36

Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #775
Frank Dennis

Profile:

Quote:
actually....it does. It's a lifestyle that only exists there, and is only a) acceptable and b) possible for 4-5yrs at most.
Sorry Kevin, but I think that's rubbish. I was a roadie for almost 5 years, and worked with guys who'd done it for 10 years and more, and I can say without hesitation that that lifestyle is easily comparable to the college experience, and actually probably more removed from normal, functional reality because a) you're in a different town at least three times per week, so you have fresh venues in which to find trouble and b) you have more money to blow on "seemed like a good idea at the time" indulgences than the average college student... how many of them could afford to find an amputee midget stripper to deliver a strip-o-gram complete with two two-pound bags of hotel soaps to their production manager's hotel room at 3am?

(yes, it's a true story and no, I probably won't tell it because by the time I explained enough for it to make sense, you'd find that like most inside jokes it's only funny to those who were there at the time...)

Old 04-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #776
Brian Bedell

Profile:

Just wanted to mention that nobody pee'd in my bed this weekend. I am making progress.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #777
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

THis leads to the question; what happened in your bed this weekend?

Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #778
Brian Bedell

Profile:

Not sure if everyone wants to hear my sordid details.

Not much happened physically in my bed, but had a good time at the club we went to Saturday night. My gf and I took a girl out with us that I am trying to convert into my gf#2.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #779
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bedell View Post
Not sure if everyone wants to hear my sordid details.

Not much happened physically in my bed, but had a good time at the club we went to Saturday night. My gf and I took a girl out with us that I am trying to convert into my gf#2.
this is unpossible...

i was nowhere NEAR west palm beach last weekend...

Last edited by Renee Lee; 04-27-2009 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: i mean...what?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #780
Brian Bedell

Profile:

Renee! Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Closed Thread