CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 11-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #21
Chris Mason

Profile:
Re: Poor experience with AtLarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shang Chou View Post
Jeff - my goal is to encourage Chris to refund my money and that's it. The right way to go about things would have been for Chris/ALN to refund my money right away as promised. Or perhaps to deliver the products they promised in a timely manner.

It would appear that corresponding with ALN via email and the customer service form on the website just wasn't getting the job done.

I really have no interest in making Chris lose business. Heck initially, I tried to give him $165 bucks for a few tubs of protein powder and fish oil. Chris and ALN have benefited tremendously from a public presence on this site and others - they should be able to deal with customer complaints in a public forum as well.

To your point on this affecting his livelihood - well, that $165 dollars is part of my livelihood too right? The money is not a huge issue and I spend thousands of dollars a year on Crossfit related stuff anyways (gym membership, supplements, grass fed beef, gear, etc.). At issue is the way I was treated as a customer and the deception that Chris has demonstrated.
One last time, your money has been refunded. I provided you the transaction ID for the refund.

As for deception, I have no nice way to say how I feel about that. There has been ZERO deception.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Honestly, I don't really find much fault with Shang's approach here. Others have done the same here when they had issues with other vendors (Rogue and Again Faster included), and the outcomes are usually pretty positive.

I like Chris and ALN, but if I felt that after three months I was getting no satisfaction through the usual private channels (i.e. email, phone) and that I needed to make the issue public in order to get a response, I would have done it just as Shang has done. Right here. In this forum. In pretty much this exact way.

I think Shang's approach has been fact-based, objective, unemotional, and professional. And, I would have taken similar offense to being accused of trying humiliate Chris and/or ALN. I see nothing in Shang's message that would seem to me to be an attempt to do that.

Also, I very highly doubt that we would have seen Chris's sort of response come from either Bill or Jon had this been related to either of their two companies. They would have jumped on it immediately, taken ownership of it, and resolved it quickly. The customer would have been satisfied and likely retained as a future customer as a result.

- Mark
Mark,

The guy is wrong. He WAS refunded, what else am I supposed to say. What proof would you like?

There was no deception on our part ever. He ordered a product that was out of stock and on pre-order and clearly marked as such. Production dates were kept updated on the site as we received them from our crap supplier. When we discussed anything via email with him we provided dates which were given to us. Our supplier continuously lied to us and THAT is why I dropped them and am switching to new ones.

The one place we dropped the ball was with the original refund request. My guy failed to do it. When Shang emailed about it 2 weeks later it was done the same day. Mistakes do happen. I had a discussion with my guy about it today when I first saw this.

Last edited by Chris Mason : 11-24-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #23
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D Taylor Jr View Post
I don't know what else he could do.
He could have refrained from accusing a customer of trying to publicly humiliate him / ALN.

Again, we never would have seen the likes of Henniger or Gilson make that claim, regardless of whether or not they actually felt humiliated.

Quote:
In the end this board is full of positive comments about his services and product, and he has been generous with his knowledge so I expect this is a small hccup, either already resolved or on the cusp of being resolved.
Agreed.

- Mark

Old 11-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #24
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
He could have refrained from accusing a customer of trying to publicly humiliate him / ALN.

Again, we never would have seen the likes of Henniger or Gilson make that claim, regardless of whether or not they actually felt humiliated.

Agreed.

- Mark
What else do you call posting a thread about his poor experience and him making a false claim about my company (regarding the refund not being done)? How should I take that? If my employee had NOT yet executed the refund (as he did on the 14th) then your statements might make sense.

All Shang had to do what call his credit card company and he would have been told the refund was excuted. That, or he could have emailed me personally, or me via our general email account (or PMed me here - I am on this site daily).

The bottom line on these sort of things is that if I have a legitimately dissatisfied customer I have instructed my employees to do whatever we can to resolve their concern (or I will personally do it). That ranges from swapping products to splitting shipments to full refunds. Before my supplier b.s. this sort of thing was almost never an issue, now I am working to clean up the mess they created for me. I will continue to do so in the best manner possible.

Last edited by Chris Mason : 11-24-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #25
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
Mark,
The guy is wrong. He WAS refunded, what else am I supposed to say. What proof would you like?
I don't need any proof. I believe you.

The only two issues that I have are:

- It disappoints me that you would accuse a customer of trying to humiliate you. He was just trying to close an issue that had lingered for quite a while, and he had obviously lost faith that it would/could be resolved privately.

- I'm a little shocked at the forum members who condemned Shang for his post. Many other forum members have done the same sort of thing here with other vendors and haven't been treated that way. I am stumped as to what made some people feel as if this case was somehow different.

- Mark

Old 11-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #26
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
I don't need any proof. I believe you.

The only two issues that I have are:

- It disappoints me that you would accuse a customer of trying to humiliate you. He was just trying to close an issue that had lingered for quite a while, and he had obviously lost faith that it would/could be resolved privately.

- I'm a little shocked at the forum members who condemned Shang for his post. Many other forum members have done the same sort of thing here with other vendors and haven't been treated that way. I am stumped as to what made some people feel as if this case was somehow different.

- Mark
That is one perspective. My perspective is he sure didn't try very hard to privately contact me (and it is really, really easy to do), rather he chose to voice a very negative opinion (and a falsehood) about my company in a very public forum.

Your shock is odd to me. How many of those other business owners are on this site every single day and have been so for years and have thousands of posts here? I do. I am not them. It is not the same. Your position is not taking into account the totality of the situation and the facts.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #27
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
That is one perspective. My perspective is he sure didn't try very hard to privately contact me (and it is really, really easy to do), rather he chose to voice a very negative opinion (and a falsehood) about my company in a very public forum.
That's fair. I'm just sharing my perspective.

Quote:
Your shock is odd to me. How many of those other business owners are on this site every single day and have been so for years and have thousands of posts here? I do.
That's true, but it doesn't make you special. Whether you (and I mean generally you, not specifically you) have been here for a day with one post or six years with thousands of posts, you still have a responsibility to be a professional.

And the other owners that I had in mind (Henniger and Gilson) have been here as long or longer than you. I don't believe in a million years that Bill or Jon would have accused Shang of trying to humiliate them, given exactly the same circumstances.

Quote:
I am not them. It is not the same. Your position is not taking into account the totality of the situation and the facts.
That's true. It is taking into account only what I see, which is Shang making what I view as a very diplomatic initial post and being condemned for it. Even if there were aspects of his post which were not entirely spot-on, I have to believe that there was a better way for the forum members (you and others alike) to deal with it.

- Mark

Last edited by Mark E. Wallace : 11-24-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #28
Shang Chou

Profile:

Chris - I spoke with my credit card company and as of November 24th (today) there has been no amount credited to my account. I checked my statement history myself and confirmed this with a Chase credit card representative. In addition, she also searched for all transactions from your organization and there was no history of any refunds/credits into my account.

The information shown in your systems is clearly incorrect as I have yet to receive a refund. Basing your entire position on the fact you have a "transaction ID" in your systems seems somewhat questionable. My bank shows no record of a refund and I still see the original charge on my credit card statement for the full amount.

It is surprising that based on this somewhat tenuous "transaction ID", you (and Jeff and David) would lob accusations at me. You said it yourself that you're on this site every day and have made thousands of posts. People generally have had a great experience with you and there is lots of goodwill in the Crossfit community for AtLarge. I believe that for you to overreact like this and treat a customer poorly has changed that perception for some people.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #29
Jason Swinford

Profile:

For what it's worth. CC returns can take 7-10 business days to process. Give it to the end of the week and it should go through.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #30
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Is it just me or this thread should be deleted? It has nothing to do with the crossfit.com board, IMO.