CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 11-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
Shang Chou

Profile:
Poor experience with AtLarge

First time posting here, but wanted to share a recent experience I had with AtLarge Nutrition. I placed an order back in late August for 2 tubs of Nitrean, a tub of Opticen, and some fish oil (total order amount approx. $165).

On September 10th, I contacted AtLarge for an update on my order as the UPS tracking info said that my order was being processed. Chris/AtLarge was kind enough to respond promptly and offered to trade in my order for another protein powder that was available. I declined as there's a reason why I ordered what I ordered and no I'm not interested in something else. He also informed me that one of the products I ordered would be done that week and the other would be done "shortly after."

On October 10th, I followed up again to check on my order and was informed there was another delay and it would be done on October 16th.

On October 28th, still no movement on my shipping status and I contacted AtLarge requesting a refund. Chris/Atlarge promptly informed me that he would process my order for a refund.

As of November 14th, my refund still had not been processed and I contacted Chris/Atlarge. I received an email informing me that my refund would "finish processing soon."

As of November 23rd, my order still has not been refunded and at this point, I'm forced to contact my credit card company to file a fraudulent claim against AtLarge Nutrition.

I'm not entirely sure what is going on over there (poor inventory management perhaps?) but dealing with AtLarge has been extremely frustrating. There are many other sources of great protein/supplements out there and it's simply not worth having to deal with all this hassle just to get some some protein powder. Numerous other supplement companies are able to provide their products in a timely manner and my experience has been just terrible with AtLarge.

Withholding a customer's funds for an extended period of time simply makes me feel cheated and that I'm dealing with a shady/questionable business. Personally, I'm not comfortable purchasing goods that I plan to put in my body from what I perceive to be a shady/questionable entity so I will never purchase from AtLarge again.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Tom Stepp

Profile:
Re: Poor experience with AtLarge

Similar experience. Good products BAD service

Old 11-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Chris Mason

Profile:

Shang,

First and foremost, your order was refunded when we said it would be. Please see below:

5691495595 100047482
Refund

14-Nov-2013 14:47:30
Chou, Shang
V
USD (164.27)
14-Nov-2013 18:30:50
USD (164.27)

You might want to confirm information before publicly trying to humiliate someone, or some company. I will say this, the person answering emails and who promised your refund should have executed it right away. That was our error.

Next, you confuse service with something out of our control. As I have very publicly stated my previous supplier was horrible, lied to my company over and over about delivery dates, and finally forced me into a position where I had to take a beating and move everything to new suppliers (which is VERYdifficult). In fact, I am currently involved in a lawsuit with my previous supplier due to their shenanigans and what they forced me into.

Customer service from my company involves how we have handled the situation. That is something we CAN control. To that end, I think we have done exceptionally well. When contacted, we have offered to switch people to more costly products with NO additional charges, to split shipments, or to refund monies if that is what they want. We then execute any of these offers quickly. Trust me, what I have been through the past 6 months has been horrible and I have done everything possible to handle it in the best way possible.

Chris Mason

Last edited by Chris Mason : 11-24-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Collin Day

Profile:

I've been ordering ALN products for the past year or two and find their customer service to be excellent.

Yes, I've also experienced delays with the fulfillment of some of my orders, but when I've contacted ALN via email I've always received prompt responses. Most recently, they split my order and quickly shipped the products which were on hand.

I plan to stick with ALN through this hurdle. Keep up the good work Chris.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Day View Post
I've been ordering ALN products for the past year or two and find their customer service to be excellent.

Yes, I've also experienced delays with the fulfillment of some of my orders, but when I've contacted ALN via email I've always received prompt responses. Most recently, they split my order and quickly shipped the products which were on hand.

Thanks, and I am truly grateful. This crap has aged me like no other.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Shang Chou

Profile:

Chris,

Sending an email that says "Your order was refunded" does not constitute a refund. The money has yet to be credited back to my account and for you to claim that the refund was processed is misleading.

As for your comment regarding an "attempt to publicly humiliate someone, or some company" - this is just a poor response on your part. Your company charged me for a product, promised delivery, failed to deliver, and then proceeded to keep my money after I requested a refund.

I have no incentive to "humiliate" you or your company. My original intent was to purchase protein powder - had you refunded my order in a timely manner, I would have been a faithful and loyal customer. I understand there are occasional hiccups with managing your inventory and I can accept that. For you to call my situation "crap" and falsely claim a refund was processed when it wasn't is deceptive on your part.

I'm not sure what is going on over there with your company, perhaps there are money issues, supplier issues, whatever. You should realize protein powder and workout supplements are a commodity - there are a handful of other great providers in the marketplace and I'm more than happy to take my business elsewhere.

Again, I really have no incentive or desire to "humiliate" you or AtLarge and it's misleading of you to paint my post in that light. Bottom line, your team failed to deliver twice - once on the products I ordered and once on my refund. Your reaction to my post only reflects poorly on you as an individual and owner.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Shang Chou

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Day View Post

Collin - I will add that I have used ALN products in the past as well and yes, they are good. Customer service is responsive as well. Take a look at the timeline I posted again - that's just ridiculous to have that situation drag on for over 3 months.

Maybe I expect too much from companies I purchase items from, but that sort of outcome, and Chris' subsequent reaction to my post, is enough evidence for me that this company is not worth doing business with.

For him to call my situation "crap" is somewhat telling of his treatment of customers. I'm surprised that he would choose to respond to a customer in this manner.

Last edited by Shang Chou : 11-24-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
Jeff Enge

Profile:

An of course, going on an internet forum totally unaffiliated with AtLarge Nutrition besides having its owner a member here to complain is definitely the right way to go about things.

As legitimate as your gripe may possibly be, the fact is that if you go to complain about business on a public site, your goal, whether you admit it or even know it consciously or not, is to cause that company to lose potential or current customers.

Since it is part of his livelihood, I would be peeved if I were Chris as well.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
Shang Chou

Profile:

Jeff - my goal is to encourage Chris to refund my money and that's it. The right way to go about things would have been for Chris/ALN to refund my money right away as promised. Or perhaps to deliver the products they promised in a timely manner.

It would appear that corresponding with ALN via email and the customer service form on the website just wasn't getting the job done.

I really have no interest in making Chris lose business. Heck initially, I tried to give him $165 bucks for a few tubs of protein powder and fish oil. Chris and ALN have benefited tremendously from a public presence on this site and others - they should be able to deal with customer complaints in a public forum as well.

To your point on this affecting his livelihood - well, that $165 dollars is part of my livelihood too right? The money is not a huge issue and I spend thousands of dollars a year on Crossfit related stuff anyways (gym membership, supplements, grass fed beef, gear, etc.). At issue is the way I was treated as a customer and the deception that Chris has demonstrated.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #10
David Patton

Profile:

Stop *****ing! If you are unhappy, just walk away and don't buy from them again.

As for me, I will continue to support ALN, for both the great products and great customer service.