CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 07-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Adam Castagno

Profile:
different movements for WODs at home HELP!

Too make a long story short, been into CF about 1.5+ yrs now, went from doing it at a globo to the last 4-5mo's joining an affiliate. Due to my wife and I just having twins, I unfortunately had to stop going to the BOX due to time constraints, went back to the globo due to having the membership still and could come and go as please, however even that began to become difficult due to limited time. So I am in the process of making a home gym... but have a HUGE dilemma, I have low basement ceilings.
I have a nice bench set up, rubber floors are down, put up a nice pull up rig, but can't do squat (no pun intended) overhead. Mainly my wods will have to consist of any and everything body weight in addition to various cleans/front squats, bench press, deads and SDLHP. If I am lucky in another area I may be able to get rid of some old ceiling tiles and lift overhead if the weights fit between the ceiling joists, but other than this I am screwed.
I am looking for help for other constantly varied functional movements I can do with a barbell, weights etc that don't have to go overhead so I can throw some wods together... I can't even do box jumps or double unders anymore due to this.

Lots of thanks in advance!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Kelly Alford

Profile:
Re: different movements for WODs at home HELP!

Congrats on the twins!!
Do you have a garage or porch where you can comfortably get stuff overhead? Maybe transport what you need for WODs requiring overhead work?
Old 07-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
Adam Castagno

Profile:
Re: different movements for WODs at home HELP!

For now while its warm in this area I can take what I need outdoors but come winter it won't be happening. I luckily have an area in the basement which will allow me to do HSPU's so that may be my only press movement for the time being.