CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #31
Alex Woodland

Profile:
Re: Announcing the EXF Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Hass View Post
Hi Watson,
We will be hand inspecting the straps, so that might delay shipments till early the following week.

That's great to hear Tyler.

Damn I'm looking forward to these

I ordered yesterday Tyler....am I good for the next shipment?
Old 09-21-2009, 04:41 AM   #32
Kevin Quinn

Profile:

Just ordered my first set of rings! these look awesome and im sure they will not dissapoint. hopefully it doesnt take too long to ship to Afghanistan... sick of subbing 3 pull ups and 3 dips for 1 muscle up!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #33
Dave Matteson

Profile:

Aside from the strap issue, which Tyler has really stepped up and addressed, y'all are going to love the rings. Did my first workout with them this weekend. Aside from figuring out the initial set up (the video was a lot more helpful than the paper instructions), they're a snap to set up. Being able to adjust the ring texture on the fly is great. The new rubber grip is awesome for when your own grip starts to fail near the end of a workout. Great work, Tyler.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #34
Tyler Hass

Profile:

Alex,
Yep, you're good.

Dave,
Thanks for the review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the rings. I'm looking forward to hearing more reviews:-)

Tyler
www.ringtraining.com (wfs)
Old 09-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #35
Alex Woodland

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Matteson View Post
Aside from the strap issue, which Tyler has really stepped up and addressed, y'all are going to love the rings. Did my first workout with them this weekend. Aside from figuring out the initial set up (the video was a lot more helpful than the paper instructions), they're a snap to set up. Being able to adjust the ring texture on the fly is great. The new rubber grip is awesome for when your own grip starts to fail near the end of a workout. Great work, Tyler.
Yeah the rubber section is a fantastic edition. I have a friend who does dead hangs at the end of our workout and suffers from sweaty hands. He shed a single tear of joy when I told him about these rings.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #36
dale milam

Profile:

Tyler I got my EXF rings. WOW!!!!! I am going to try all three textures but I am sure the padded grip will be my favorite with the slight texture after that but I will not rule out the rough texture since I have not tried it before. The two trainers at the local CF affiliate really liked them and wished they had the EXF rings instead of the two sets they have already Elite II & PowerMax. They liked the rubber padding the best also. The video about how to set up the EXFs up make it look easy. Everything about them I find outstanding. WELL THOUGHT OUT!! I might have to buy another set to take with me to work-out at the affiliate. Rings is the one thing I want to do more with. I really like the idea of being able to use them with the door set-up. They blow ALL others out of the water!!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #37
Tyler Hass

Profile:

An update on the replacement straps: Correctly measured strap replacements will arrive late on Friday, so they will likely ship out Monday (I'm out of town Friday).

New inventory will also arrive on Friday, so if you've been patiently waiting, your order will soon be on its way. Supplies are limited, so if you want EXF Rings within the next 3 weeks, you can place your order here: http://www.ringtraining.com/Shop/Equ...exf-rings.html (wfs)

Lastly, I was playing around last night and discovered a new way to attach the EXF Rings that combines the convenience of the 5-second EXF Mode with the ability to attach them to out-of-reach surfaces of the "legacy mode". I will post a video on it asap.
I was initially happy that the EXF Rings could function just like a set of rings based on my old design. With this new method: "stealth mode", you can forget about the old way of taking the straps in and out of the cam buckle!

Tyler
www.ringtraining.com (wfs)
Old 09-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #38
Brandon DeVore

Profile:
First Rings

I just ordered my first set of rings and got these EXF's.

I know they are on backorder, hopefully they will get here before my ship pulls back in so I can use them when I get home!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #39
Kulsoom Ahmed

Profile:

Do we need to fill anything out for the replacement straps? Do we send back the current strap now?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #40
Alex Woodland

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulsoom Ahmed View Post
Do we need to fill anything out for the replacement straps? Do we send back the current strap now?

Thanks
If you have defective straps then i suggest you email Tyler directly