CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #1021
Allison Bishop

Profile:
Re: AllisonNYC

Back in NYC and headed to Lost Batallion Hall right now to do some Olympic Lifting.

I'll post about my adventure later tonight after my workout.

It was awesome and I learned that I hate Tabata Treadmill!!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #1022
Allison Bishop

Profile:

I'm SO happy.. I LOVED my workout tonight. LBH has great energy, great coaching and it's entertaining and motivating to watch the other lifters. I'm stoked about going there regularly and working on my technique.

Burgener warm-up with womens bar.

5 sets of 3 reps of
power snatch
snatch balance
OHS
with 45#, 50#, 60#

Got a little heavier for singles. Need to bring a pen and paper next time to record exact weights and a calculator to convert KG to LBS! I'll have to get used to thinking in Kg

Worked on my clean and jerk. Mostly worked with 115#. Got a few tips on the set up which were the same for the snatch and clean - get my booty lower, arch my back more and pull slower from the ground. Helped big time. Felt the improvement immediately.

Focused on not making my legs so stiff on the landing for the jerk. I need a little give.

I'm really excited about working on my lifts and getting stronger.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #1023
Chris Walls

Profile:

Easy way to convert Kg to Lbs is to double it, then move the decimal over and add it.

ie: 20kg = 40 + 4 = 44lbs
16kg = 32 + 3.2 = 35.2lbs

no need for a calculator.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:11 AM   #1024
Patrick Haskell

Profile:

Sweeet. You're gonna love LBH. That's such a great resource to have (of course, you're in the City, so you have access to the best of oh-so-many things). Have fun with those oly lifts. With the way you already rock the clean, you're going to do great.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:21 AM   #1025
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Allison, whats the fitness scene like IN NYC (id imagine its good, but everyones so busy), also whats the CF scene like there, imcurious as i know your maybe gonna move else were?!

Ricky
Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #1026
Allison Bishop

Profile:

Patrick: I DO love LBH! There's something about the OLY lifts that excite me. Maybe it's that there are so many things to think about and to work on. Every time I get coached I learn something new and can actually FEEL the difference.

Artie Drechsler is a great coach. Coch B even said he knows his stuff.

I went there for about a month almost a year ago. It's where I met David Osorio from CFSBK although I don't remember meeting him! hah. He swears we did. He teased me because he said the first time I went I had a really long piece of athletic tape stuck to my butt and I was walking around with it the whole time and it looked like a tail. He said everyone was laughing at me. I'm still mad at him for not telling me!

Richard: I do have access to lots of the best of things in NYC. NYC has great Thai food! Not very much CrossFit going on here though considering how many people there are in the city.

I think about a tiny little place like Santa Cruz having several very successful CF gyms. Then I think about the scene her in NYC and I get really confused. It's either the price of renting a space or New Yorkers are just really lazy.

There are 3 gyms in NYC. The Black Box, the offshoot of CFNYC in Brooklyn and CrossFit South Brooklyn.

CFSBK is one of the best programs I've ever seen and I'm proud to have been a part of it and call David and the people there friends. They're doing great things for themselves and the CF community and reputation of CF.

I've made my feeling about the other gyms clear in the past and don't feel like I need to go there again. Turned out to be a waste of energy and I've moved on.

I'm excited to see what happens with CF in NYC in the future.

A good friend of mine just got 3.5 million dollars of funding to open a gym in the middle of Manhattan. He's a JJ BlackBelt under Renzo Gracie and was a professional fighter. He knows the best in the MMA world and plans on including them in his program.. He asked me to be involved in his CF program.

It will be half CF and half MMA. Also personal training. It's going to be a gorgeous gym and be completely stocked with equipment. He mentioned a 10,000 sq ft space but I'm not sure if he picked that one.

I imagine it will give the other gyms a run for their money if they don't step the game up. I'm happy about that.

There needs to be some healthy competition among CF gyms. The way it stands if you're in NYC you only have one choice of gyms and training (unless you can make the worthwhile trip to BK to CFSBK). There should be options.

There's plenty of room for lots of quality CrossFit programs in the city. I hope that one day there will be!

If I'm in NYC when the doors open for Eriks gym I'll be working there. I'd be excited to be a part of it. But down in my heart I'm hoping I'll be out of here again doing big things and being happy some other beautiful place.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #1027
Allison Bishop

Profile:

RUN: for time, not distance.

Ran for 30 minutes on a route that I made up as I went. Practiced POSE and tried to keep moving as fast as I could. It's always hard to start but it's starting to get easier once I get moving.

I'll be loading weights tomorrow morning for an OLY meet at LBH. Should be fun. I love watching people lift!
Old 09-20-2008, 01:12 AM   #1028
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison Bishop View Post
Patrick:

Richard: I do have access to lots of the best of things in NYC. NYC has great Thai food! Not very much CrossFit going on here though considering how many people there are in the city.

I think about a tiny little place like Santa Cruz having several very successful CF gyms. Then I think about the scene her in NYC and I get really confused. It's either the price of renting a space or New Yorkers are just really lazy.

There are 3 gyms in NYC. The Black Box, the offshoot of CFNYC in Brooklyn and CrossFit South Brooklyn.

CFSBK is one of the best programs I've ever seen and I'm proud to have been a part of it and call David and the people there friends. They're doing great things for themselves and the CF community and reputation of CF.

I've made my feeling about the other gyms clear in the past and don't feel like I need to go there again. Turned out to be a waste of energy and I've moved on.

I'm excited to see what happens with CF in NYC in the future.

A good friend of mine just got 3.5 million dollars of funding to open a gym in the middle of Manhattan. He's a JJ BlackBelt under Renzo Gracie and was a professional fighter. He knows the best in the MMA world and plans on including them in his program.. He asked me to be involved in his CF program.

It will be half CF and half MMA. Also personal training. It's going to be a gorgeous gym and be completely stocked with equipment. He mentioned a 10,000 sq ft space but I'm not sure if he picked that one.

I imagine it will give the other gyms a run for their money if they don't step the game up. I'm happy about that.

There needs to be some healthy competition among CF gyms. The way it stands if you're in NYC you only have one choice of gyms and training (unless you can make the worthwhile trip to BK to CFSBK). There should be options.

There's plenty of room for lots of quality CrossFit programs in the city. I hope that one day there will be!

If I'm in NYC when the doors open for Eriks gym I'll be working there. I'd be excited to be a part of it. But down in my heart I'm hoping I'll be out of here again doing big things and being happy some other beautiful place.
Wow, you can really write a reply girl lol. Thank you!

I was thinking that myself, i bet NYC has good CF facilities, but compared to the volume of people in the city, i actuallu think no many people are training CF. And in 1000 of cases, not training at all?!

That sounds like an amazing oppertunity, if your mui thai friend opens his gym, then you could be part of making something like that a success, from the very beginning. Not only is that very rewarding, but it will definately get your name out there, as a successful Cf business women and trainer (not that im suggesting you would do it for the credit, but it is nice to be recognised for all your hard work).

GSX in texas is like that. They have an amazing facility, and its not just Cf, it gymnastics etc aswell.

If i was you i think personally id be in NYC another year, see how this new venture kicks off. And i bet after that you'll probably be in great demand from alot of other gyms!!

Ricky
Old 09-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #1029
Allison Bishop

Profile:

Lots of drama on the boards today. Every time these debates come up I can't understand why people feel so strongly about me one way or the other.

What I do know is this time it's all sparked by things that have NOTHING to do with CrossFit. It's about personal things and it doesn't belong on CF.com.

I'd like the negative people to stop coming to my workout log. I know there are people who come here to read it just to repeat what I say here on other places on the net. It's so creepy. It's borderline stalking and some of it is turning into harassment.

Always anonymous and always negative and rude. That kind of stuff has no place in my life.

Go get a hobby and stop putting your noses where they don't belong - in my personal relationships.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #1030
Allison Bishop

Profile:

"Filthy Fifty"

50 box jumps (on a chair. very dangerous)
50 jumping pull-ups (on a doorway pull-up bar. again, very dangerous)
50 KB swings (sub 20lb KB)
50 walking lunges (in place 25 right then 25 left)
50 KTE (sub abmat sit-ups because i don't trust that pull-up bar)
50 push press (2 20lb DBs)
50 Back extensions (20lb DB DLs)
50 Wall Ball (KB wall ball sub with 20lb KB)
50 burpees (took about 7 minutes :/)
50 Double Unders (only counted the ones I made. Lots of misses)

21:10
subs made this a lot easier than it is as rx'd. Burpees sucked. I should do that 100 day burpee madness. Mine need work.

Going to a party tonight for a friends birthday.

I WILL NOT be drinking. I spent almost the whole month of June drunk off of wine and tequila. Loved every minute of it but I'm WAY over it. I haven't been drinking since I got back from Cali except once or twice. I'm one person who doesn't need alcohol to have a good time. In fact I have more laughs when I'm sober at the people who are drunk !

Good times either way.