CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-21-2003, 03:55 PM   #1
Nick Martinez

Profile:
Hey Everyone!

First want to say that the message board has been invaluable to me as I have learned more in a week with all of you than in about a year just doing the WOD. My schedule this week is looking hectic.
Tonight(Monday) I am starting in an adult gymnastics program which will include a conditioning workout. I wanted to the the WOD from Tuesday to Thursday. I mentioned before that I go to a pro wrestling school and this happens every Sat and Sun (One hour ringtime coupled with a gruelling workout). However, my friend has invited tommorow to go to another wrestling gym to train with him and his crew, with my only rest day being on Friday. One Question:
Is this too much? WHat concerns me the most is that the workout of the day will kill me and I'll be useless tommorow night. We won't be doing a conditioning workout at the Tuesday night wrestling but it is taxing in the ring none the less. Does anyone else do the WOD in the morning and then later that night do a BJJ/Martial ARts/play a sport etc?

Thanks
Nick
Old 04-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #2
Daniel Ramos

Profile:
LOL, I sometimes have weeks like the one you describe. Usualy my body just forces me to "cycle" the workload. I'll go really hard for a while and then stop doing anything but the very nesesary (skill practice mostly) for a while.
All those extra grueling conditioning sessions and the social workouts/sparring/pic-up games go out the window. I say do it when you can and when you cant, rest. Listen to your body.

Daniel