CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
Mitchell Brown

Profile:
My 21st birthday is coming up and I have puzzled friends and relatives asking where they can purchase gym rings, weighted vests, sandbags and kettlebells. Does anyone know some good suppliers or places in Sydney (preferably north of the harbour) that could help me?
Old 01-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #2
Andrew Cattermole

Profile:
At CrossFitSydney we can get you KBs,they are from Rick's but you will save the shipping costs from Meb.Give Don a call about which size your interested in.

We are in the process of getting M Balls,Rings,S Bags and Parrelettes in bulk but for now I would recommend investing in some "elite rings" from US.
Price and P&H is reasonable even for us here in Aus.
Bar Bell Sets, Power Racks and Bumpers are here in Aus with plenty of choice but be ready with the Cash.
Hope thats of Help
Old 01-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
paul arestan

Profile:

I got my rack and weights from Gymdirect in Sydney. They sell on Ebay. They offer good deals and I only paid around AUD1150 (including delivery to Brisbane) for a power rack, Ol bar and 205 kg of plates.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:11 AM   #4
Fiona Muxlow

Profile:
HART sport in Brisbane is great for general type stuff. Weight vest, beaded skipping ropes, Pulling harness, Agility ladder, Instand cold packs, Olympic bar and rubber coated plates (not bumper plates)and collars are just a few of the things i have got from them in the past year.

They are mail order and are really fast at getting your order to you. I had to order some more stuff for my bootcamp this week. I got a 13kg Olympic bar, 2x10kg plate 2x 2.5 rubber coated plates plus 3 new skipping ropes for $201 including shipping to Townsville.I placed the order on wednesday and had the stuff by friday.

They have alot of equipment for schools and sporting clubs but other CrossFit type equipment you can order through them are Concept 2 rowers, medicine balls, Powerbag (Basically high end sandbag), Dumbbells, tug-of-war ropes.
Check out their web site www.hartsport.com or Call 1800808247 and they will mail you out a free cataloge. Then you can just circle the things you want and leave it hanging round the house for your friends and family to read.

PS i second Andrews call on the "elite" rings i have one set of power rings and a set of elite and on Don from CrossFit Sydney for the Kettlebells, all mine are from there except the homemade ones a friend made me