CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #51
Edward Guzman

Profile:
Re: Jumprope of choice for DUs

I must be doing something wrong. When I jump I feel like there is too much rope. The rope sort of slaps off the ground. I suppose I need to work on technique.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #52
Tim Crawford

Profile:

I have a question...I have basically the same rope, at least looking at the pictures, as the PowerMax, from Nike.....and the thing is lasting great but it's still looped around like I took it out of the box yesterday. This ends up getting tangled on my feet. Anyone know what I can do about that? Do you hang it up instead of keeping it in a gym bag, should I boil it in oil or what?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #53
Tim Nakashima

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Ryan View Post
I noticed Tamara had sung the praises of the PowerMax rope a couple months ago so I bought it and one of the Ultras to check them both out. The PowerMax was by far my favorite. I appreciate the weight of it and have had much greater success with it. (My success would probably equal failure to most but I can at least string 10 together now!)
We have several Ultra's at out gym and I recently went out and bought some 1/16" vinyl coated cable-same thickness as they come I think, but with the vinyl it makes it a little thicker and heavier. I had to drill the holes in the handles to get the cable to fit, but it works great.

Many of our members prefer the thicker cable and I think it helps them with DU's because they can: 1. Feel the speed of the rope better and 2. Get more DU's because it spins slower and takes a little more effort. I like to go back and forth between the two just to practice rope speed control and I think it's helped my DU's significantly.

So now for an extra $8 (price of the cable) I essentially have 2 different jumpropes...
Old 09-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #54
Oscar Macho

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Gilson View Post
Hey Guys,

Humbly, we've got the best double-under rope on the market, no kidding. It's fast as all get out, comes with two cables and a carry bag, and will get you PRs in short order.

Again Faster Revolution Rope (WFS): http://www.againfaster.com/jump-ropes/

We ship them, along with our Ultra Speed Cable Ropes via Priority Mail. Fast delivery and no signature required.

You're welcome!

Best,

Jon
You don't send it to Europe, right?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #55
Nathan Lilley

Profile:

So I have since bought the Rev and have some ample practice with it. I would like one to be a little heavier in weight than what its at. But when I get going my personal record is 88 DU's strung together with it. It def gets the job done! But you lose the feel when you get worn down because it is so fast and your shoulders/grip are blown- Like in the WOD "Nutts". But still is my go to rope, and all my friends are jealous when we go side by side WOD and they see the speed of the DU's.