CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Joseph Giampietro

Profile:
Hey everyone. I've been crossfitting about 6 months now, and have reached 13% body fat. I never really stuck to any diet, as I'm still young. For the past 3 weeks, however, I've been closely following the Zone diet.

I have not seen any reduction in body fat. I eat 12 blocks a day (I weigh only 130lbs) in 3 4-block meals, with a 1-block snack. My carbs come primarily from fruit, with very little from veggies, and even less from grains. I do still eat and enjoy dairy.

Should I cut fruits? I really can't stand veggies, wreaks havoc and makes me starve 1 hour after a meal, where if I had the same 2 blocks as a fruit I wouldn't.

Or maybe I should eat more carbs in the morning and less towards the later in the day? What kind of ratio should I use? This stuff gets so confusing with all the conflicting info around.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
Kevin McKay

Profile:
Check out the paleo diet "think paleo zone combo" and also make sure to pay more attention to the gi of what carbs you are eating.

safe links
http://www.thepaleodiet.com/
http://www.glycemicindex.com/

BTW from a health standpoint 13% bf is great if your performance is good I would not sweat it.