CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #521
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: Dietary Confessions of a Crossfitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Garcia View Post
NECRO POST!

Ok. So. I'm in Iraq, I'm eating as Paleo/zoneish as I can. It's tough when they steam all the veggies wayy too long and offer only fresh tomato, cucumbers, shredded carrots, and spinach on a regular basis if the trucks run on time that is.

The fruit is the same story, we have apples most of the time, sometimes bananas, pears, and grapes. SOMETIMES we have fresh pineapple, hopefully it's ripe and not white when you do get it.

Anyways. There is ALWAYS a supply of pies, cookies, icecream, fried food, soda, etc...

SO this is tough for me.

I just read through most of these posts and I miss American junk food / bad for me foods sooo much! I can't wait to go back and pig out. I'm gonna have a cheat WEEK to make up for all the time I've been strict here.

Anyways. Just wanted to rant and confess I ate some (a bite size) chocolate today.
You've probably contribued more cheat/craving posts than everyone else combined in the past month. If you are genuinely feeling this desparate for cheats after this long you are doing something very wrong. You either are failing to remain clean enough for long enough that you haven't actually detoxed, or you are doing something very wrong, at this point you should be feeling pretty satiated by what you eat and having good energy levels.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #522
Brian Michaelson

Profile:

U-Swirl may 3-4 times a month. I stay really good though when i go. Just some shredded coconut I bought at Whole Foods and i throw some pecans, almonds, and walnuts on there.

Pumpkin WAS my favorite. They got rid of the flavor
Old 03-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #523
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
You've probably contribued more cheat/craving posts than everyone else combined in the past month. If you are genuinely feeling this desparate for cheats after this long you are doing something very wrong. You either are failing to remain clean enough for long enough that you haven't actually detoxed, or you are doing something very wrong, at this point you should be feeling pretty satiated by what you eat and having good energy levels.
When does this happen? One day I'm just supposed to be like meh, pancakes aren't that great.

When does this magical change happen for most people?

I do cheat by having a small nibble of a dark chocolate bar.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #524
Jason Wallis

Profile:

Yesterday I cooked in a Cajun Cookoff contest. I can't begin to even name all of the sins I committed, including starting on the bloody mary's at 7am...
BTW, my team took 2nd place in the people's choice!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #525
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Garcia View Post
When does this happen? One day I'm just supposed to be like meh, pancakes aren't that great.

When does this magical change happen for most people?

I do cheat by having a small nibble of a dark chocolate bar.
Usually its about 10-15 days in when you stop feeling like crap or having constant cravings. It SHOULD, turn into a very rare occurrence, more of a "I'm walking thru the bakery section of the grocery store and that bread smells awfully good" but it passes as soon as you move out of proximity kind of craving, than a constant desire for cheat foods. Are you eating enough fats?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #526
Alicia Michel

Profile:

Nice revival of this epic thread
Old 03-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #527
Scott Tredennick

Profile:

today was not a good day... started off slow with potato chips, quickly moved to a piece of baking chocolate that i found tucked back in a cabinet, then proceeded directly to a whole sleeve of ritz crackers, and finished with more pita chips...
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #528
Joe Bernard

Profile:

I had a pretty solid binge tonight, and it was all peanut butter and chocolatey goodness. From left to right: a regular frozen Reese's peanut butter egg, a jumbo Reese's peanut butter egg (6oz), and a good slice of Reese's peanut butter ice cream cake from Friendly's. My phone's camera does not do this justice, there was so much peanut butter in that jumbo egg. You can notice a trend here

I honestly have no idea why it took me so long to find out that Friendly's makes such an amazing cake. I've been searching for one for awhile, and Coldstone's comes close but this tasted exactly like a Reese's should taste in ice cream form. This meal clocked in at just over 1,700 calories. I call it refueling my glycogen stores from skiing for 4-5 hours for the past four days. I still have over 3/4's of the cake left in the freezer too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cheat Meal.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	7644  
Old 03-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #529
Andy Beaulieu

Profile:

I ate an entire medium pizza. I hadn't had pizza in over a year, and man, did it taste good.

I have a feeling the WOD is going to hurt today.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #530
Lionel Garcia

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
Usually its about 10-15 days in when you stop feeling like crap or having constant cravings. It SHOULD, turn into a very rare occurrence, more of a "I'm walking thru the bakery section of the grocery store and that bread smells awfully good" but it passes as soon as you move out of proximity kind of craving, than a constant desire for cheat foods. Are you eating enough fats?
I do.

I eat bacon in the morning.

I eat almonds in between meals with a banana or an orange/mini orange thing.

So I dunno. Maybe I'm just one of those unbreakable junkies.

Last edited by Lionel Garcia : 03-07-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: format