CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-07-2008, 05:56 AM   #1
Josh Wagner

Profile:
Isagenix

Has anyone ever heard of Isagenix? Beneficial to the crossfit diet of zone or paleo? There is a teacher where I work who sells Isagenix and wanted to know if we would be interested in trying it. She is putting a demonstration. Is it worth taking a look? Let me know if anyone is familiar with Isagenix.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:04 AM   #2
Gerhard Lavin

Profile:
Re: Isagenix

I had a look at the website. Appears to be another MLM selling over priced supplements.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
Craig Adams

Profile:
Re: Isagenix

My finance did the Isagenix plan for a month. It did cause her to lose some weight. Note, I said weight, not fat, because in my opinion she lost the weight due to severe caloric restriction. I told her I would not try it because I was certain I would lose too much muscle tissue along with any fat lost. She was quite unhappy with the fasting/cleansing days and vowed to never do it again. I convinced her to try the Zone and we are both very happy semi scrict Zoners now.

If you look at the macro-nutrient breakdown of the Isagenix shakes, they are pretty close to Zone proportions, nice for a quick snack in a hurry and utilize fructose as a sweetener. So we still have some of that around and she gets more every now and then. But their program is not what I would call compatible with Zone in any way.

And the multi-level-marketing aspect is a terrible way to sell anything. Very much the opposite of the open source, grass-roots vibe we all appreciate here at Crossfit.com. If you have something worth offering to people you shouldn't have to hard sell it, I was pretty disgusted by that. So be prepared for a "demostration" where you learn just how much money you can make helping other people get "healthy"...(all the while making even more money for the person doing the "demonstration").

CA