CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 05-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
David Schneider

Profile:
Shoulder/Neck Crack...

Good day to the elite...

A question for the wise,

I was making up the ME deadlifts today and was also going to do today's WOD right afterward.

My deadlifts were on fire today. I hit 295#, 345#, 420# (Huge PR, I love Crossfit) 420# (again!) 405# - I only made it to the fifth rep becuase when I was attempting to lock out that 405# I heard and felt a crack inbetween my neck and shoulder. It didn't cause me to drop the weight, I slowly lowered the weight, after locking out, and rubbed my collarbone to make sure it didn't snap somehow, everything seemed fine. I did some pullups to see if they were affected at all, they weren't. I tried some push-ups and decided they were a bad idea because I was getting some pain in the top of the shoulder/trap area.

I'm curious as to if this has happened to anyone before and if anyone thinks this is serious. It felt like and sounded like when someone cracks your back or when you crack your knuckles. I have full ROM, I can still snatch, press, etc... I deadlifted some 70# DB's afterward just to see if there was any pain and there didn't really seem to be. I can tell something is semi-wrong though because I can feel slight pain in the trap area, just when walking around.

Maybe some ice and OTC drugs? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still flyin' high on my 420# (twice) deadlift PR. That's huge for me. I love it. (despite minor injury)

-David
Old 05-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Shoulder/Neck Crack...

Sounds possibly acromioclavicular or possibly spinal. Would have been better with a better description (picture) of where the pain was.

Don't aggravate it, heh.