CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #1
Mike J

Profile:  
Hey Guys--

Just wondering if I could get some opinions/feedback on incorporating even more KB lifts into the current WOD. I love the WOD, but I want to add even more KB work because I really like what it is doing for my strength endurance & overall stability. Would it be too much to do the WOD during the morning/afternoons and then complete a few KB circuits later at night, possibly 3-5 times per week?

I have read quite a few posts that make it clear that the workout of the day is basically all one needs (and more!) to achieve elite fitness.. but I am buying into the Kb stuff more and more every time I use them. I also run 3-4 times per week (trying to stay on top of that elusive 1.5 mile run).

Thanks.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Mike
Old 05-02-2004, 05:49 AM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Mike, Crossfit is a GPP program, often used to condition athletes. It does not replace sport specific work. So, you may add extra workouts into your schedule, if you are not specifically training for a sport but for fitness. Moniter yourself for overtraining and I would cut or eliminate running volume as you increase KB volume.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:06 AM   #3
Parth Shah

Profile:
question - i have 2 karate classes per week. These are on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. After working out in the morning, sometimes I feel real tired and it sometimes hinders my performance in the dojo. Should I not workout on those days, or do something else... or just take a long nap in between?