CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 10-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
miguel flores

Profile:
Elizabeth Video...

Alright, i finally uploaded the video of me doing Elizabeth! Horrible quality. Note to self, do not drink till 3 in the morning then attempt this at 9am... Dont have a female counting for you as well!! You dont want to only do 14 dips instead of 15!! Time was pretty slow so I will get a complete video breaking 5 minutes! Time on this attempt was 5:36 i believe. Any advice to improve on my thrusters would be greatly appreciated! Thanks alot guys!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zi3m3U5iyI

W/F Safe!!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:56 AM   #2
Michael A. Krivka

Profile:
Re: Elizabeth Video...

Miguel -

You're doing cleans not thrusters... check out the exercise examples!

Nice work though! Shoot another video!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:25 AM   #3
Tom Brose

Profile:

OK, the video is pretty raw, as you said. I don't think you should focus on getting under 5:00 until you get more complete movements. You obviously are pretty strong, but that lets you get away with really faulty cleans. Your elbows are pulling up and out WAY before hip extension. That is missing the point of the movement. The aggressive opening of the hip joint is what makes the clean to be considered the most powerful movement.

On the rings, slow down and get down. I can't even see the shoulder come into the frame most of the time. I myself am really limited on my ROM on these, but I work to get down, even if I have to break my sets and get a slower time.

Be careful about making fun of the female counting reps, next time you may get a few extra as payback.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:29 AM   #4
Brandon Oto

Profile:

Nice work.

You're rowing the cleans; and some more depth on the dips would be nice.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 AM   #5
George Mounce

Profile:

Good job for a first try, check out OPT (wfs) doing Elizabeth and notice the difference in cleans. You can hear his jump, I don't think your feet ever left the ground. Also try full ROM on dips. Makes all the difference.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #6
miguel flores

Profile:

Thanks alot for the critique guys!! I know I lack in the form of most of the excersises but thats because up until 3 months ago I did nothing with weights! So im learning gradually!

Tom: So do you mean that I should be driving up more with the hips before bringing my elbows under?

Micheal- haha sorry about that, I think I was also looking at a video of someone doing thrusters when I was writing that. I knew what they were... I swear

George- Is the jump required in it or does it just help with the movement? Im just a little worried about my achillis since I tore it about a year and a half ago, p artial tear, but I can still feel it sometimes when I include the jump. Any solution or am I just doing something very wrong?

I will definitely watch OPTs video and learn from it! Dips I will work on getting full ROM during the workout. Thanks for the positive critisism guys! Keep it coming!!