CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #21
Jeremy Argo

Profile:
Re: Jeremy's Log

"Whatever you find hardest to do, do with all your heart."
- Dalai Lama

I don't know what it is, but laziness has been trying to overtake me these last few days. And now with my foot it's trying to use that as an excuse for not working out. Of course today it had help in the form of 6 hours of algebra homework I had to catch up on. Yes, 6 hours. It's a special kind of torture. Well, lazy didn't win the fight today, and I even did the WOD, though I dropped the weight from 95lbs to 65. But I did it. Sweet.

21 - 15 - 9 rep rounds: 23 min 39 sec

65lb Squat Clean
L Pull-ups
Thrusters
HSPU

I did have to break it up, but I did it and managed not to hurt my foot even more.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #22
Jeremy Argo

Profile:

"The lust for comfort murders the passions of the soul."
- Kahlil Gibran

Well, I took a total rest day yesterday. I even went and had my foot x-rayed. No break, just a pull or something or other. Gotta love military medicine. Anyway, I have to give it some rest for a week or so. So as long as the WOD's aren't going to aggravate it then I'm good. Otherwise I sub. Today, no sub. And I swam. I am embarrassed to admit though that I cannot bench my body weight. So I used 135lb. I'll work on gaining on the bench. I'm not sure if there is more I should do than just the WOD's and swimming and running. Perhaps just some patience.

Swim: 1500m ~00:43

WOD: Lynne @ 135lb in 00:13:22

17 - 11
10 - 8
7 - 9
6 - 7
5 - 5
Old 10-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #23
Jeremy Argo

Profile:

"Nothing determines who we will become so much as those things we choose to ignore."
- Sandor McNab

Well, it was a good day. In fact I haven't had those thoughts about not working out in a few days. I'm sure the battle will rage again, but for now I will enjoy peace of mind and guard against enemies unseen. I swam again today, but will not be able to swim tomorrow. It was still a good day. This tabata thing just kicked me hard. I knew it'd be a challenge, but wow.

Swam: 1500m ~ 00:41

WOD Tabata Something Else:

Pull Up Push Up Sit Up Squat
1 12 32 9 21
2 5 21 10 22
3 3 13 10 22
4 2 10 10 23
5 5(J) 11 8 23
6 5(J) 12 8 24
7 5(JK) 13 8 24
8 5(JK) 13 8 26
13 (loss of attention)

I don't know how this stacks up, but at some point I have to be able to do more pull ups. Though 12 is up from the four or five I started at. All in all it's not bad.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #24
Jeremy Argo

Profile:

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucious

Well, I lost one battle today. I ate too much at lunch. Two meatball subs, some ravioli, just a few chips, and a pudding cup. Oh, and I had a beer. That said I plan to skip supper all together. I think I've had my calorie fill for the day. I think I'll just have some tea, and then coffee when I go to class. I definitely deserve the feeling of needing to puke when I was doing the WOD. Shame on me. But I shall continue the struggle. Game on.

WOD: 3 rounds for time: 00:25:29

800m run, 50 back extensions, 50 sit ups

Other than the fact that I have only lost about 3 or 4 pounds my biggest gains have just been in some improved performance. I seem to be having trouble getting past the food issue. Mostly in convincing myself that I don't really need to eat that much to survive or even thrive. I've read CF Journal 21, and Nicole's Getting off the Crack article, but I guess I'm stupid when it comes to figuring out the whole zone thing. I do buy into the idea of it, and of the paleo thought process, but convincing the deep reaches of my thick head is proving to be a struggle. I'll stop ranting and continue the fight. Have a great day.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #25
Jeremy Argo

Profile:

"You will never change your life until you change something you do daily."
- Mike Murdock

I'm feeling better today. Most of the foot pain is gone, and I didn't really miss a workout. I only had to sub one. That's sweet. As for the food thing? Well, I'll continue the battle. I don't like to lose, even to myself. I think I'm going to hit the library for the Zone books. Maybe they will help. Other than that I think I'm just going to keep plugging away and enjoy the process.

WOD: Clean

95-105-115-125-125-130-130-130-130-130

Rope Jumps: 4 rounds of 50 with 10-15 sec of rest between rounds.

I felt like adding a little. I also could have gone a little higher on the clean weight, but I felt it would be better to sacrifice weight for better form at this point. Not that my form is great to begin with, and that's the main reason. I don't want to end up hurting myself and then not be able to do anything. Have a great day everyone. Roll Tide!
Old 10-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #26
Jeremy Argo

Profile:

"Any man's finest hour is when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle."
- Vince Lombardi

Feeling good today. Now that the workout is in it's time for some football. Roll Tide.

WOD: 00:20:05

60 sit-ups

I don't have rings so the dips were plain old dips. The HSPU's suck. I think I found a better way to spot myself, but at this point I think the best course of action would be to do them without needing a spotter. Lofty goals.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #27
Jeremy Argo

Profile:

"If the going is real easy, beware, you may be headed downhill."
- Unknown

Quiet day. I'm actually trying to get ready for an algebra final and a speech I have to give in class tomorrow night (public speaking class). Sometimes I feel too old to be in school. At least these workouts are welcome breaks. They definitely take away some of the stress.

WOD: 11 rounds. 66 total pull ups. Not bad. Will keep trying to get better.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #28
Jeremy Argo

Profile:

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."
- Marilyn vos Savant

Happy Halloween. I think I should take fewer rest days. Something more along the lines of 7 on 1 off. Or maybe I should do more on the on days that just the WOD. I'm still trying to figure this out. But I do enjoy these WOD's. This is a lot of fun. Well, on to today's performance.

WOD: Front Squat:

95-125-130-135-145

3 rounds of 75 rope jumps

The front squats seemed a little awkward. I used to do these a few years ago, but I was trying to use better form today. I could feel the last couple of sets in my back more that I think I should. Well, I look forward to tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #29
Jeremy Argo

Profile:

177lbs

"It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare that makes the difference."
- Paul "Bear" Bryant

I don't know if I want to kiss or kill the SOB that decided to cover peanut butter with chocolate, but I swear Reese's cups are like kryptonite to me. I can walk by it at the store and never touch it, but when Halloween comes it's like I have to buy an extra bag just for me. Damn! Well, it's all gone now, but with too much of it coming out the wrong end of me. Now on to Thanksgiving. I'll be glad to get through the holidays without gaining more than five pounds.

WOD: Diane @ 185

10 rounds of:
10 sit-ups
10 push-ups

I actually did the first 5 HSPU's with hands on the floor and my feet straight up against the wall. Kick ***! After that I couldn't regain the position without coming crashing down, so I put a pvc pipe across my bench press rack and spotted that way. Will continue to work on it. I also need to work on my dead-lift form before I break my lower back.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #30
Jeremy Argo

Profile:

174lbs

"Losing doesn't make me want to quit. It makes me want to fight that much harder."
- Paul "Bear" Bryant

I'm glad Halloween is over and that the devil candy is gone. Now that today's workout is over I can think about what I'm going to do tomorrow since it's supposed to be an off day. I don't think those are good for me. I'm not planning on killing myself with a workout, but maybe I'll have a light run of a few miles. As long as I'm home for the Bama/LSU game. ROLL TIDE!!!

WOD: Isabel @ 95lbs and ****ty form: 00:05:10

5 rounds of:
10 sit ups
10 snatches w/ bar bar (45lbs)

I've gotta get the form down for these lifts before I am able to realize my potential, but I just can't see paying the cost for a personal training session. Maybe it's time to do a cost/benefit analysis, or maybe find a workout partner. Any takers? Well, everyone have a great day.