CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
Simon Boyce

Profile:
For some reason I can't find this info on the FAQ or anywhere. But who the are the evil geniuses behind CrossFit? How is this stuff available for free?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
William Winger

Profile:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossfit
Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #3
Departed

Profile:  
Simon,

From the Crossfit Contact Page:
[face=times new roman,times,roman]CrossFit is a full-service fitness consultancy. We have the tools, materials, staff, and, most importantly, the experience, to introduce, teach, train, and fully implement CrossFit anywhere.
In addition to the CrossFit website, we publish a monthly magazine, The CrossFit Journal, offer training seminars and certifications, represent athletes and coaches for lecture and seminar appearances, and support a rapidly growing program of CrossFit affiliates who use our training methods worldwide.
Our staff, with our network of law enforcement and military clients and our client agencies, provide ongoing support to assist in effectively implementing our program and to identify and promote best practices after adoption.
Technical questions can best be answered first by searching the site, then by posting questions on the message board, and, sometimes, by asking in the comments for workouts posted on the home page.
Press inquiries will likely find better response if the reporter can demonstrate at least slight awareness of this site and program when contacting us. Press inquiries and interview requests sent by e-mail will be met with greater interest and consideration than those made by phone.
We are a proud and patriotic company of committed professionals whose directors put values before fitness and fitness before business.

===================================
[face=courier new,courier][/face][/face]You may want to check the CrossFit Santa Cruz site for more info. And the last line of the above says it all.

That said, the "evil geniuses" are the great men & women of Crossfit, i.e., Coach, Lauren, Eva, Dave, Annie, Greg, Rob, Mike, Jeff (just to name a scant few), who are dedicated to sharing this great fitness program with you, and anyone else dedicated enough to live it. I've personally been privledged enough to meet some of the above noted and I've never met a more dedicated group of fine and inspiring individuals.

I'm 40 years old and have been following Crossfit for two years. My husband has been following since 2002. Crossfit has enabled me to become a better athlete at the sports I pursue: skiing, hiking, etc.