CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 06-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Ryan Shewchuk

Profile:
Lightbulb Saskatoon ?

Anyone from Saskatoon here who doesn't go to an affiliate(it costs too much money for me, as I have three children)? I am looking for people to train with outdoors or Field House or at Fitness for Ten. Would be nice to to get together and to two or three metcons on a Sat. or even just train during the week. I have some equipment, 50 ft rope, rings, bands, kettlebells up to 40kg, weight vest, two small drag sleds and small barbell set up to 250 lbs exercise plates. My background is in strength, I competed in strongman, and I am the 2000 Junior Canadian weightlifting champion. I have my level one Crossfit cert. I would like to train with someone who can push me in my weaknesses, namely over ten minute area and running.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Stu Christensen

Profile:
Re: Saskatoon ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Shewchuk View Post
Anyone from Saskatoon here who doesn't go to an affiliate(it costs too much money for me, as I have three children)? I am looking for people to train with outdoors or Field House or at Fitness for Ten. Would be nice to to get together and to two or three metcons on a Sat. or even just train during the week. I have some equipment, 50 ft rope, rings, bands, kettlebells up to 40kg, weight vest, two small drag sleds and small barbell set up to 250 lbs exercise plates. My background is in strength, I competed in strongman, and I am the 2000 Junior Canadian weightlifting champion. I have my level one Crossfit cert. I would like to train with someone who can push me in my weaknesses, namely over ten minute area and running.

Thanks
Hey dude, most of my training is in my basement gym, but we do some event stuff on weekends. I have a boatload of equipment and we might start training at Crockers...he just moved to an acreage with a heated shop. I train at odd times like after my little ones go to sleep at night. But I would be up for a few sessions on weekends here and there.

Cory Borolien (I think that's spelt right) has some sweet CF equipment and he is just out of town on an acreage. Try to PM him on here if you can find his name. (He and I actually have a mutual friend that I used to work with, but I've never met him in person).

There aren't a lot of S'toon people on here.....but if anyone out there wants to train, Ryan is the guy to help you out and have some fun training! Super knowledgeable, knows his stuff and is one strong mofo.

I'll keep in touch...I'm heading on a vacation but will be back in a couple weeks...

EDIT: Check out this thread...http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...ight=saskatoon wfs

Last edited by Stu Christensen : 06-24-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Ryan Shewchuk

Profile:
Re: Saskatoon ?

Thanks Stu, for the kind words. I just sent Cory a PM. A lot of my training is done on a strange schedule as well, night work. I also have three boys and a girlfriend to give my attention, so there has been the occasional midnight workout in the backyard. I will check back often. Have a great vacation.