CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #11
Joshua Desmond

Profile:
Re: New to Paleo...critique my diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Sutton View Post
The food looks good, but I think your goals of competition and increasing strength might conflit with getting leaner.

I would set your goals for performance and let your bodyweight fall where its happy.
In the first 2 weeks I seem to be thinning out so far without dropping strength or metcon time. I will have to revisit it again sometime soon to make sure I am not losing any strength. My gains are not too far off, so I think I might be able to afford to lose a few lbs while gaining strength. My goals as far as strength go:
DL - 450 (currently 425)
Squat - 350 (currently 340)
Press - 200 (currently 175) I know this will be the hardest
Old 08-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #12
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Desmond View Post
In the first 2 weeks I seem to be thinning out so far without dropping strength or metcon time. I will have to revisit it again sometime soon to make sure I am not losing any strength. My gains are not too far off, so I think I might be able to afford to lose a few lbs while gaining strength. My goals as far as strength go:
DL - 450 (currently 425)
Squat - 350 (currently 340)
Press - 200 (currently 175) I know this will be the hardest
I don't have anything to say on your diet beyond what's already been said.

But, in terms of your lifts, what is your snatch, squat clean, and jerk at? If you are looking to compete in more than just this one challenge, you'll want to focus on those lifts also. Your power clean is 250, so I would definitely look to improve that.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #13
Tom Jones Jr

Profile:

Quote:
All my meat is typically covered in olive oil, even if on the grill. Guess I should have included that in there.
I'd still say you ought to add another source of fat, regardless of th olive oil sauteeing thing. Avocado, coconut, you know......but up to you.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #14
Joshua Desmond

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
I don't have anything to say on your diet beyond what's already been said.

But, in terms of your lifts, what is your snatch, squat clean, and jerk at? If you are looking to compete in more than just this one challenge, you'll want to focus on those lifts also. Your power clean is 250, so I would definitely look to improve that.
Not too sure what they are, I'd have to find out and get back to you. As far as competitions go, I don't think I'll really progress beyond this one. I'd maybe give the sectionals a try just to check them out if I can get my lifts up a bit, but I have no illusions of ever being an elite crossfitter.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #15
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
I might try switching to that next week. Problem is the expense as compared to regular milk. How do they really compare? Wife already puts up a fight buying organic milk.
You should be able to get a can (usually 14oz) of coconut milk for around $1.19 or so...that's what I pay for mine, but brands differ. Just don't get "lite" coconut milk, that means they cut normal coconut milk half and half with water to sell it as lower calorie/fat. So you pay the same price for half the calories. Coconut milk is very calorie-dense due to its high fat content, but it's good fat. I wouldn't plan on being able to drink a gallon of it a day, but a can or so is doable.