CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Rob Poling Jr

Profile:
Crossfit bars and plates in Central Jersey?

I'm looking to set up a small Crossfit gym at home. I've been mostly doing kettle bell and sandbag work but want to get a decent bar and bumper plates but most of the equipment dealers that I use to buy from have closed up and would like to know if anyone can recommend any area dealers in Monmouth County NJ. I would just order from a dealer like Rogue but a freight truck is not making it down the streets where I live.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
David Allen Rogers

Profile:
Re: Crossfit bars and plates in Central Jersey?

I've ordered bars and a pair of 45 lb plates from MDUSA (http://www.muscledriverusa.com/ wfs) and they shipped these all UPS. You could try contacting them to see if the full plate sets also ship UPS or if they'd be willing to do this for you.

Also, freight companies often have smaller trucks that they use for delivering to smaller streets so you are probably safe ordering freight. Anytime I've ordered something freight in the past, the freight company has asked about my street so that they know what kind of truck will fit. Of course, you'd want to verify this before ordering. I'm sure Rogue would be happy to help you out with this.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Rob Poling Jr

Profile:

Thanks David. I will call rogue tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:15 AM   #4
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Allen Rogers View Post
Also, freight companies often have smaller trucks that they use for delivering to smaller streets so you are probably safe ordering freight. Anytime I've ordered something freight in the past, the freight company has asked about my street so that they know what kind of truck will fit.
I've had the same experience. The freight company will ask about your street and if an 18-wheeler will fit. If not, they'll send a smaller truck.