CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-07-2006, 07:21 AM   #1
Kevin McKay

Profile:
So I have been doing the paleo/zone/xfit thing and gone from 212lb to 175 while gaining muscle and feel great! Thanks to all the good info on these boards. So the next step in taking the boards advice is eating less fruit and more vegetables especially green stuff.
My question is what are the quickest easiest recipes that people use as there veggie “standards” that they would like to share? Stuff you can throw together in a couple of min and pack for lunch ideally?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #2
Brendan Fournier

Profile:
Hey Kevin,

Wow, first off, congratulations on the weight loss--or the fat loss, to be more precise!

My favorite simple veggie recipes are probably:

Spinach leaves sauteed in olive oil and garlic (good with any kind of leafy greens...bok choi, chard)
Greek salad: cut up cucumbers, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and red peppers, then toss with olive oil, vinegar, and dried oregano
Spinach salad: just the leaves tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and hot bacon fat. Crumble the bacon over & have with a chicken breast.

Another nice thing is to roast vegetables in the oven--it really brings out the taste. We do asparagus, tomatoes, onions, and peppers this way. Roasted red peppers are awesome cold, with a little olive oil.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
Jamie Clark

Profile:
I grill chicken, fish, or whatever outside on the BBQ almost everyday when its warm out. Ive become addicted to yellow squash and zucchini. Slice them lengthwise and marinade with olive oil and some italian seasoning and throw them on the grill. They are unbelievable.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:05 AM   #4
Kevin McKay

Profile:
Thanks,

I will try all those out.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:44 AM   #5
Ryan Kirk

Profile:
The trial issue of the performance menu has a garlic mashed cauliflower recipe that I really like. Steaming works good @15 minutes, then I use a food processor w/ blade which makes this recipe extra fluffy. Add chicken broth for moisture and to cut back on the olive oil.