CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 12-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Ryan Gregory

Profile:
Picking Wods & Big Box Gyms

Hey folks. I've been doing CF at my Goodlife (box gym) for a while now. A few months ago I switched over to the 5/3/1 program to add some strength and size, as well this style of lifting compliments (is easier on the body) my Muay Thai training which I do a few nights a week. But a big reason I switched was that I found the mainsite WOD's were becoming more difficult to actually do at my gym. (ie.: no room for a big circuit, can't steal 3 barbells, no bumper plates, ect).

As mentioned by others on the 5/3/1 program, I miss doing WODs and want to incorporate them in to my 'auxiliary work,' but I'm not creative, and I don't want to pick & choose WODs that are too similar constantly, causing burnout/ overtraining....

1) Has anyone ever made a site / blog to post WODS which are easy to do at a box gym?

2) If not, does anyone have suggestions on making / picking WODs to do at a box gym, that won't be too repetitive for overtraining’s sake.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Esa Virtanen

Profile:
Re: Picking Wods & Big Box Gyms

You could follow some other site than mainsite or try this site if you need WODs to do.

WODshop WFS

Click on "WODs" and then choose a type of workout you want, most ones there are easy to do and doesn't require too much equipment.
And if you just pick the first WOD that comes up, it probably wont be repetitive.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
Ryan Gregory

Profile:
Re: Picking Wods & Big Box Gyms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa Virtanen View Post
You could follow some other site than mainsite or try this site if you need WODs to do.

WODshop WFS

Click on "WODs" and then choose a type of workout you want, most ones there are easy to do and doesn't require too much equipment.
And if you just pick the first WOD that comes up, it probably wont be repetitive.
Well, that is fantastic! Guess what just became my homepage!
Thanks a ton for the quick reply. I'm just paking up, ready to go crush my 1st workout on my 6th cycle of 5/3/1, and am happy to have a quick little WOD I can run through after my assit.work.