CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 02-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
Jerry Mobbs

Profile:
A mate of mine went to see a chiropractor for some back pain. He came back raving about it and he did seem to be a lot better.

I decided to go for a quick check up which involved an examination and back x-rays. The chiropractor asked if I had suffered from headaches and pins and needles in my hands, and also balance issues.

Oddly enough I did, though I had not mentioned any of this to him. He proceeded to do some adjustments to my neck and I felt fine. He advised me that it would take a few weeks for my back to find its normal alignment and that I should go easy on the exercise.

Since then I have backed off crossfit and done more yoga and stretching, but I can still feel muscular soreness in my lower back. The chiropractor advised me this was normal and emphasised that I should not lift heavy for a few weeks and ease back into it slowly.

We then had a great discussion about training, contrast baths and crossfit as his brother in law works with the All Blacks rugby team!

I'm going to do light weights and body weight wods for a few weeks.

My question is to others who have had chiropractic work done on their back.

Did you have similar experiences?

How long did it take for your back to adjust to its new position?

Thanks

Jerry
Old 02-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
Jeff Reiser

Profile:
I have been seeing a chiropractor for a few years now.

In my experience...in the begining it is normal to be sore and for them to also have you lift lightly at first. This gives them a chance to truly work on re aligning the spine without too much interference. Hope this helps.