CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 06-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
bill fox

Profile:

Saturday

6:00 a.m. pullup bar MU work at the playground - found a playground with a bar (but it's 2" in diameter) and low paralell bars. Did about 50 each of PUs and dips to warm up then did 15 or so assited MUs by using as little "jump" off the ground as possible then a slow negative. (went to 6! playgounds/schools and this was the only striaght bar to be found - pathetic)

9:00 a.m. Home brew WOD: 3 rounds of

30 wallball (20lb med ball)
30 32kg swings

15:04 (shoulders were smoked making the swings brutal)

Sunday:

6:00 a.m. same thing as yesterday

7:30 a.m. 2 mile run on the beach broken up with 400 pushups (20x20) not timed

8:30 2 mile "power walk" with my wife

a very fun weekend

Bill
Old 06-06-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Brian Gibson

Profile:
Sounds like a fun weekend, Bill. That 2 mile run with pushups sounds interesting.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
James R. Climer

Profile:
"went to 6! playgounds/schools and this was the only straight bar to be found - pathetic"

Casualties of a litigious society where insurance companies make up the rules. (so long to public pools with diving boards and deep ends, adult gymnastics programs. And who remembers Jarts?)

Bill I am interested to hear how well you recover from these all-day sessions. I'm 45 as well, and sometimes the marathon sessions, while being fun, just flatten me for up to a week sometimes.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
bill fox

Profile:

Well, I feel good today energy wise, actually worked like a madman today. Lats and shoulders sore - ofcourse -we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Note - all the working out was done by 9:00 a.m. both days. So when I do the WOD tomorrow night, I'll have had 60hours to recover. Believe me that's included in the calculations.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:51 AM   #5
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Jim,
Glad you said "insurance companies make the rules" and not "attorneys." We attorneys are a sensitive bunch, right Bill?

Hey Bill, on your KB swings, do you go overhead or just to head-high? I'm doing more swings now than ever and have upped the weight to 60# (closer to the 32kg, but not quite), but I go overhead. Just curious.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #6
Nick Thomas

Profile:  
On a side note, I spent a month in Japan recently and one thing that impressed me was that nearly every park had chin up bars (various heights), and sometimes other gymnastics equipment. I even saw a few sets of gymnastics rings, although most of them were a bit small for adults..