CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-26-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
Rolando Maldonado

Profile:  
After doing some light research I decided that I wanted to try the WD. I just don't know if it's a good idea because of my schedule.

I work Fri-Sun. 3 days from 7pm-7am. I was thinking about doing the undereating phase from the around 8am to around 5pm and the overeating from 5pm-9pm Mon-Thur. But what about on my work days? How should I go about it?

Should I still do the overeating at the same time on the weekends and not eat all night while I'm at work? I don't think I can do my overeating while I'm at work.

I really want to try this diet but I just need some help on this issue. Any feedback on this is appreciated.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:34 AM   #2
Rolando Maldonado

Profile:  
Oh and Sat-Mon I get home around 8am and go straight to sleep. I wake up around 2pm. During the week I usually fall asleep around 11pm. Again, thanks for any help.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:10 AM   #3
bill fox

Profile:

DOn't overthink the WD. Like IF it will "work" however you need to do it. It's very possible that your life forcing some variation might work even better.

http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/22/fox.html
Old 05-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Bill's point is an excellent one! The only advice I will suggest is on your meal composition. Try using zone meal specifications as you contruct your meal during your over eating phase. But beyond that, keep your timings simple and don't over complicate the thing. Allow the meals to meet your schedule not the other way around!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
Robert Wolf

Profile:
The only issue I see with the WD is that it recomends only one meal per day (neglecting the post WO meal). If one is very active and or interested in adding muscle mass one meal may not cut it. Just take those good basic principles and tweak them to your goals.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
John Seiler

Profile:
Years ago in Muscle & Fiction, or MuscleRag Intl, or IronHead, I read about a French (West Indies) bodybuilder from the '70s, Serge Nubret. One meal in the evenings of 8,000 calories. Must have been a hell of a warrior.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #7
John Seiler

Profile:
Crap, upon re-reading that, I realized it could have been perceived as disrepectful to the WD crowd; not my intention! Just an excuse to make fun of the magazines that wasted many hours of my life. I'd gladly kill any one of you to look like Serge. (JOKE!)
Old 05-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #8
John Seiler

Profile:
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/23/24951.jpg
Old 05-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #9
Ryan Kirk

Profile:
I tried the WD for 2 weeks just to see how it would go. While it is something I will keep in my pack of nutrition tools - it is not something that I would want to do all the time. I was making good progress getting my bodyfat percentage down by using the Paleo/Zone diet combo then I actually gained bodyfat by doing the WD and lost a little strength. Now I am back on the Paleo/Zone and I realize just how much my energy levels were down while practicing the WD. I like the idea of IF and plan to inplement this method by tapering my meal times.

In summary, the WD is great for the days when I am too busy to eat all day or if I want to pig out with friends at a favorite restaurant.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:26 PM   #10
Rolando Maldonado

Profile:  
I've seen the IF diet pop up on some other posts. Somw people said that they like that diet better than the WD. Can someone tell me what IF stands for so I can do some research on it.

Thanks for all the feedback fellas.