CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
robin finlayson

Profile:
hello all
I have been following crossfit WOD for 1 month. Loving the workouts but really feeling gassed with slower recovery. I do take whey protine throughout the day and eat based on the ABS diet plan. Is there another supplement I can take which will aid in recovery time but not result in me increasing my calorie intake (dont want to get fat again).
thanks all
Robin
Old 08-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
George Mounce

Profile:
If you are doing WODs and aren't fat now, adding some calories isn't going to make you fat.

You might be missing something in your diet, or something in your diet is causing the problem.

I'd read up on the Paleo diet (for nutritional choices) and the Zone diet (for a structured eating plan).
Old 08-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
Gorm Laursen

Profile:
It's more likely a question of you not being fully adapted yet. Try to cut the WODs in half (weight, reps & sets) for a week, and build up from there.

And drop the whey and the thought of supplements. Eat real food, that'll slowly support your body with good, full nutrients all day long. Meat, fruit, vegetables, salads, eggs, fish, nuts. REAL adult food, not westernized baby food...

Only supplements I'd recommend is fish oil and creatine and perhaps glucosamine, if you're a little loose in the joints. All else is bogus and waste of money...if you ask you for my humble, in no way tainted opinion ;-)
Old 08-10-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
Matt DeMinico

Profile:
Not nutrition, but if you feel like you need a rest, take a rest, especially when starting. I've been doing CF since March and I'm still not on a full 3-on 1-off schedule, I do Mon Tues, Wed, active rest on Thurs, Fri/Sat, Active rest on Sunday. And my Mondays workout isn't a WOD, it's speedskating, which depending on the day is darn near as tough as a WOD, but usually lasts longer (about 70-80 minutes per session, with breaks in there).
Old 08-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
Joseph Hart

Profile:
Sleep sleep sleep.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
Joe Bernard

Profile:
Yea dude listen to Joseph Hart. I was havin a hard time recoverin when i first started CF WODs (about a month ago). I slept more n actually was able to perform better. Try gettin more sleep, it will help out alot