CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 02-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
Armin Heravi

Profile:
Southern Md/Patuxent River?

St. Mary's and Calvert Counties: Hello? Anyone CF'ing out there?

Would think there might be a market for an affiliate here, esp with the military presence. I'm currently Globo-gyming it, but I'm on the verge of dropping it and picking stuff up for a basement gym.

I know Calvert is pretty expansive. Was asking more about the Lusby/Solomons area, close to the bridge. I live in California (Wildewood).

For those not from So MD...don't be thrown off. It's California, MD...just south of Hollywood, MD.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
Mark Miller

Profile:
Re: Southern Md/Patuxent River?

Hey im a little north of you in Edgewater, MD .... email me I can get your contact info. mcmilla@juno.com Thanks Mark Miller
Old 02-21-2008, 07:11 AM   #3
Bryan Woodard

Profile:

Hey Armin, I am in northern Calvert. In Solomons quite often though. Right now I am currently doing starting strength but when I'm ready to start back on CF it would be cool to hook-up with some other CFers. Are you stationed at PAX River? Former Active Duty Navy here, currently a reservist. Let me know if you would be interested in hooking up for a WOD or two.

Mark,
I want to make it out to one of your workouts man but every weekend you have one, I have something going on or something comes up when I think I can make it. I know I will be out there soon though, I promise.

Later all,

Bryan
Old 02-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
Mark Miller

Profile:

Guys-come on up we are growing as a group. I have been picking up some equipment and have been hauling it out to the group sessions. We ran into a rough couple of weekends everyone was sick at one time. Hopefully weather will break soon and we can enjoy the outdoors. -Mark
Old 04-10-2008, 06:47 AM   #5
Christopher Chippa

Profile:

Hey I live in La Plata, MD and work at Pax River. I would definatley be interested!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
Bryan Woodard

Profile:

Hey Christopher, Mark is having a workout in Edgewater this weekend if you are interested.

Us Southern Marylanders definitely need to get something together down here though. With all of the military we have, there should be a small group somewhere. Or we could start something.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:22 AM   #7
Kris Fischer

Profile:

I live in Chesapeake Beach and work on the base. Haven't seen anyone doing anything remotely crossfit related on the base although I've only been working there for a few months. I mostly work out in the tiny, extremely ill-equipped gym in my condo now and just play basketball on the base so I don't know if I'm missing people or whatever… but it does seem like there would be more of a presence. What's up with the Edgewater workouts? Weekends are almost always too busy for me but...
Old 04-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
Bryan Woodard

Profile:

Kris, Mark Miller puts together some workouts about every other Saturday. Like you my weekends are always pretty busy, so I have yet to show up to one. But if you see his post above he put in his email address. If you email him, he'll put you on his list and he emails everyone if he is trying to setup a workout. If your interested, we could carpool up there being that you are in Chesapeake Beach too. I also crossfit at a gym in Owings and in my garage gym if your ever interested in getting together for a workout or two.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
Kurt Muller

Profile:

I just got back from Iraq where I started doing Crossfit workouts, I hit the gym on base around lunch time if anyone is interested.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #10
Mark Stratton

Profile:

I just did a Level I Cert this summer and was wondering if anyone is interested getting a group together aboard Pax.