CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-06-2004, 06:57 PM   #1
Michael Halbfish

Profile:
Hi,

I've been working on my L-Sit. At present it is pathetic, but that will change fast. I see pictures of people with there legs up high above waist level. People like the beautiful Julia Atkins, or Steve of Cerito Hill Strength and Conditioning. I am having a lot of trouble getting my legs up that high. I think it is a matter of technique or form. Any feedback? Any suggestions as to how to rapidly build L-SitAability:-)
Old 01-06-2004, 07:32 PM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Michael-

The Lsit position is easier for me hanging from a pull-up bar or rings so perhaps you can try this as well.

I have noticed that tight hamstrings really make the L-sit a buggar so some stretching may be helpful.
Robb
Old 01-08-2004, 09:14 AM   #3
Roger Harrell

Profile:
Getting a solid L is a matter of training ab/hip/quad strength and doing them. As far as technique push your shoulders down hard as you do them and just keep squeezing, it will come. You also want to work on pushing your hips forward a bit so you load your triceps (this is for aesthetics and makes it a little tougher).

Once the L is solid start working towards a V. To work this start by holding a supported tuck so that your knees are high then straigten your legs. Eventually you will be able to do this with straight legs and after a while possible even get so your feet are directly above your head.