CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
John Schneider

Profile:
So, I've under taken a new project for the next month. I'm getting myself ready for MP school as an officer, which if I remember correctly from my enlisted days invovled a lot of running. So, I'm on a run program put together by a collegiate D1 runner designed to improve a 3 mile run time.

So, where does crossfit come in?

Well, I've decided to get a little crazy and to line up all the girls + the heroes + FGB, Tabata, and Tabata Something Else, which gives me 25 workouts. I'm going to be doing them in conjunction with the run program taking the "hard days" off from the crossfit workouts. It's going to be rough, but a lot of fun.

Also, my second project- normally I teach the MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program)to young enlisted Marines throughout the week, but the next cycle of the program, they won't have an instructor for the whole 3 week course, so they are all going to be doing PT. I've made a schedule taking all the crossfit girls & heroe workouts that don't require much equipment or that sandbags and sticks can be used as subs. It should challenge the hell out of them and improve everyone's PFT in the 3 week period. The head instructor (another Lt) took one look at "Angie" and said 'no' because there was no way they could do it and that they needed more 'fun' days to play ultimate frisbee and football. I think I can convince him to change his mind though, so I'll post the results here.