CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 06-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Scott Seeley

Profile:
Angry My Body Won't Heal

Does anyone know of any disorders characterized by the body resisting the healing process?I am to the point of throwing in the towel and walking away from training all together, only I am a CPT by trade.

I have a small longitudnal tear of my distal bicep brachii tendon attachment (MRI) that's over a year old and still hurts, an infraspinatus strain 5 months old and still hot, and I'm pretty sure I have a 1/4 tear my quadricep/patellar tendon attachment 6 weeks old and still hurts.

I'm not bull headed, after each injury I modified wods to not include injured areas. Not doing pullups/cleans/presses at first I was ok with. Then with infra injury had to eliminate right arm completely. Then I focused on lower body and now I can't use my right leg. I really can't do anything but situps. This is rediculous.

I'm 34, 7-8 hours sleep per night, I eat good paleo with a little dairy, take a multi, glucos/chonrd, MSM, collagen powder, and slam the Carlson's fish oil (10g/day). What's the deal. I haven't trained in 6 weeks and not getting any better.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Ortho will go surgery/injection crazy and I'd rather not go that road...