CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 02-12-2008, 06:25 AM   #21
Allen Yeh

Profile:
Re: Shoulder injury - click if you don't mind reading a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Garcia View Post

My laptop monitor is below my head level... I think I need to find a way to place this higher so I don't have to "look down" with my head. I could look down with the eyes only, but I wear glasses when I sit in the computer and I see the edge of them if I do that, so I have to move my whole head down a little bit.
Are you able to lower your chair down a bit?

Quote:
I will start the Diesel Crew rehab exercises today and see how it goes. I did some curls and light deadlifts on friday and I didn't feel in pain over the weekend, although I did felt I shouldn't have done them.. I'll go super light with these rehab exercises for the moment, and no other upper body lifting.
Most of the exercises listed are done with a light weight the only exceptions would be the DB retraction and protraction where I personally have gone up to 35# DB's but I started out with 15# DB's.

If you have any questions about the Diesel Crew stuff let me know, I've been doing them since November so I've researched a bit like the EQI pushup which is basically a lowering yourself to the bottom portion of the pushup with your hand on blocks except you squeeze isometrically for as long as you can (30-120 seconds).

Sorry I haven't had more input but it's been a bit busy here at work and it looks like Steven has had great input.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #22
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

Hi Allen. Yesterday I begun, I used just the empty DB handle (which is probably around 10-15lbs, not sure) for those two exercises. I felt a tiny little discomfort when doing the protractions (pushing). I'll see how today's exercise feel.

The main problem that has bothered me for a whole year, is the AC joint one... however, it seems that a couple of weeks ago I did something that caused inflamation on the joint between the humerous and the shoulder (GH joint?). The accupunturist confirmed it since he used suction cups, and the ones in the AC joint caused redness (showing inflamation), but the ones on that other joint, besides causing redness, got humid... he said that's a sign that it was a recent injury. Ironically, now it seems the AC joint isn't bothering me, but I feel a slight pain in the other joint with some movements. Like, if I do circles with my shoulders (not with my arms; keeping my arms down and relaxed, just doing circles with my shoulders... like a shrug, but doing a circle), I can feel a bit of pain at one point. But when I do the movements that used to cause huge pain in the AC joint (like popping the trapezius up as to show off or something), it doesn't hurt right now. At least some progress....
Old 02-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #23
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

I did day 2 of the Diesel Crew workout, this day has the most exercises - 5!
The very first one, the DB cuban rotations, cause my shoulder to "crack", but it didn't hurt, so I did 15 reps for 3 sets. I used 2.5lbs first, then 3.75lbs .. taking it very slow. Will try 5lbs next week. The others 4 exercises (with a band) were fine.

However, today I feel some pain if I shrug. :-( .... I'm not saying that yesterday, before the workout, it wouldn't hurt at all if I shrugged, because I did feel something slightly when I moved in those directions (doing circles in my shoulders, as described in an earlier post). But today it's very clear. It's only there when I shrug, not when I move my arm around. Sucks, I will not do this now. I think I need more rest... several weeks of doing nothing. =( Why on earth do I take so long to heal!? ARHG!&^#(*&^(#%(& I cannot wait to get back at it.... jeez.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #24
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

ARGH!&^(#*

As expected, I went to the acupuncturist today, and after the needles, I asked him to try with the suction cups again. The first two times it showed marks, meaning there was inflamation. The last one or two times, it was showing almost nothing... now it showed inflamation again. Just for how long do I have to rest for crying out loud!? I will stop the shoulder rehab I did mon/tue and will not start for a few more weeks. I'll wait until the shoulder feels perfectly fine to start again. This sucks.... I soooooooo want to workout, this is frustrating... VERY frustrating.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #25
Steven Low

Profile:

Massage yourself. A lot. (better yet get someone else to do it for you.. for free if you can).