CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: What is a beginner, Intermediate, etc.

For the record, I am not doing Outlaw, nor will I probably ever. Maybe I'll do one workout one of these days.

I'm just thinking if I had to choose any CF program, I'd probably go with that program slightly over CFFB.

As soon as I can, I won't be doing jack CF WOD's unless I'm really bored on occasion. Maybe some occasional gymnastics and KB stuff for conditioning but as an adjunct to all that really matters to me. That being SN, CLN, Jerk; make comp weight.

And not **** up myself in the process. No more stupid BS, ever.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #12
John C Corona

Profile:

I knew you were about gymnastics, but had no idea you were strictly oly. AWESOME! Thats more the direction Im going as well. Im pretty sure Id have to stay in the 170 'lb' class unless I start walking around lighter, but I like eating. I have ideas on how you could cut weight, but its exactly opposite of protein shakes, its fruit smoothies with tons of greens. Same concept, different macros. Fiber's the key.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #13
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

I'm leaning towards Outlaw too many injuries to jump into that right now though my program consist of 1-2 heavy days depending, the rest is Kettlebells and unilateral to fix a lot of my "crap". Like I said the question isn't for me but since I know my numbers versus someone else that I train with or have trained. I figured it would be the best data point.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #14
Dylan Forbes

Profile:

For what it's worth, at the gym I go to anyone who has under 140kg squat, 100kg bench, 180kg deadlift (this is 3, 2 and 4 plates respectively for those non-kg folk) are considered novice. And as such they are put on a linear progression program until this is no longer the case. This is regardless of age or size (but not gender).
Old 08-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #15
Dan Douglas

Profile:

I read somewhere (on Elite FTS i think, and I am paraphrasing just one part) is that "intermediate" was where you b*tch about why you cant find anyone strong enough to train with. You become "advanced" when you stop caring about anyone else's lifts.

"Beginner" I cant remember for the life of me, and I couldnt find the quote with a google search. Probably because I am so advanced.