CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
Chris Mason

Profile:
Re: progenex information

A few points of interest:

1) A select few nutritional supplements DO have ergogenic effects, are safe, and therefore should be consumed by anyone seeking peak athletic performance.

2) Progenex, while not the least expensive supplements, are very likely of high quality AND the company gives back to CF in a BIG way. Why not support the companies which support you?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
Roee Meshulam

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
A few points of interest:

1) A select few nutritional supplements DO have ergogenic effects, are safe, and therefore should be consumed by anyone seeking peak athletic performance.

2) Progenex, while not the least expensive supplements, are very likely of high quality AND the company gives back to CF in a BIG way. Why not support the companies which support you?
I think all crossfitters seek peak athletic performance (that is way they do crossfit) the quastion that should be asked is whether this quest should be
accompanist with taking somthing that no one have a clue about what it contains or having a clinical trail to support the 6 hours magical recovery.
we love measurable observable,repeatable evidence of efficacy,efficiency and safty.Are there any of this to the product call PROGENEX?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #13
Matth Challoner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roee Meshulam View Post
I think all crossfitters seek peak athletic performance (that is way they do crossfit) the quastion that should be asked is whether this quest should be
accompanist with taking somthing that no one have a clue about what it contains or having a clinical trail to support the 6 hours magical recovery.
we love measurable observable,repeatable evidence of efficacy,efficiency and safty.Are there any of this to the product call PROGENEX?
Have you tried the progenex website?
Old 05-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #14
Roee Meshulam

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth Challoner View Post
Have you tried the progenex website?
yes i did.nothing there to prove anything
Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #15
Chris J Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roee Meshulam View Post
Beyond my knowledge of Dr. Connelly I don't know much about Progenex products. One thing you could do is reference ingredients on the various online databases such as Pubmed.com.

Now, if you want some proven ingredients for the effects you mention:

creatine
Beta-Alanine
Microlactin
Combination of protein and carbs post-workout
Old 08-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
Calogero Vassallo

Profile:

Is this stuff available in Canada or only online?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #17
Kevin J. Fleming

Profile:

As far as I know, it is only avalable online regardless of where you live.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #18
David McGlame

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin J. Fleming View Post
As far as I know, it is only avalable online regardless of where you live.
Some affiliates sell it.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #19
John Jaeckel

Profile:

What I don't get about about supplements vis a vis Crossfit is what (with regard to CF) are you trying to achieveó becoming more CrossFit?

I mean if you're trying to be more lean, then CF might not be the best way to get there.

If you're trying to get lean and big, again, CF as a training protocol, might not be the best way to get there.

I just don't see why (or how) you would supplement for CF when the goal of CF is just really overall fitness and health.

Yes, I can see fish oil because it is so hard to get adequate (from a human bio-anthropology perspective) amounts of animal-derived Omega 3 in the everyday modern diet.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #20
Jordan Buckelew

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jaeckel View Post
What I don't get about about supplements vis a vis Crossfit is what (with regard to CF) are you trying to achieveó becoming more CrossFit?

I mean if you're trying to be more lean, then CF might not be the best way to get there.

If you're trying to get lean and big, again, CF as a training protocol, might not be the best way to get there.

I just don't see why (or how) you would supplement for CF when the goal of CF is just really overall fitness and health.

Yes, I can see fish oil because it is so hard to get adequate (from a human bio-anthropology perspective) amounts of animal-derived Omega 3 in the everyday modern diet.
I agree with you here, and was disappointed with the above statement that some affiliates sell this brand of protein.

I do appreciate how much they support crossfit, but also appreciate crossfit because it doesn't try to pitch anything with a brand name at me.