CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
James Orr

Profile:
It's the journey

When my dad passed away 6 years ago, I had to figure out what to do with some of the things he left me. He loved fitness, biked everywhere, and gave guys 30 years younger trouble on the volleyball court. He loved fitness, and I'd been itching to join the climbing gym down the street. And that's how it all started . . . I was never one for athletics before, majoring in theology and multi-media production, I was the pensive one. Skinny, pale, and pensive

After that journey it was time to get buff (not to be ), so I started working out with a personal trainer with a CSCS, which turned into metcon style workouts, which turned to boxing, which turned to MMA, which turned to traditional martial arts, with a lot of reading, talking, new friendships, and learning along the way.

Which now turns into a home gym and a busy life with graduate school, Shou Shu, a new wife, 15 new pounds, and CrossFit. It's been a great journey!

28 yrs old, 195 lbs., 5'10".

Last edited by James Orr : 04-26-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
James Orr

Profile:
Re: It's the journey

4/26/10

Cindy - as many round as possible in 20 minutes
5 pullups
10 pushups
15 squats

I got 7 rounds with a lot of huffing and puffing in between the last few. Trish and I pulled a few cards out of Rogue's Hopper Deck (http://www.roguefitness.com/store/hopperdeck.php) until finding one we liked The first two were too leg heavy. The downside of mixing CrossFit and martial arts is thinking ahead of how fresh your legs need to be, or at the very worst, how much hurt you can get away with. :stir:

Trish got 7 too! Using the green band. She kept me going!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
James Orr

Profile:
Re: It's the journey

Fran
21-15-9 reps for time
Thrusters
Pullups

Ugh . . . I did the CF warmup and a bit of skill work with 95 lb. Thrusters to get loose and get my legs greased up. The front squat is totally new to me, but it's coming. A month ago I could hardly do the bar, but that's because my body didn't know the movement. The 95 lb. Thruster was pretty easy, so that made me happy. I didn't want to scale down the reps, so I did the workout with 45 and 55 lbs. Green band for the pullups.