|04-08-2009, 09:00 PM||#1|
Let's get down to business. I'm 6'3'', 175, and i'm looking to down some Crossfit kool-aid and get in serious shape. I've self-taught myself everything and I work out at my University's gym. Unfortunately, I have to sub often and my workouts often lose intensity because I have to walk around and wait for stations to open. I did Starting Strength for 5 months last year; however, i'm not cut out for the bulking lifestyle and the gains I made with that program have eroded somewhat. Starting Strength did teach me strong Deadlift, Squat, Clean, and pull-up form which is very useful now.
60 Second L-Sit
20 Strict Pull-ups
15 BW Overhead Squats
Decent Pose Method form
Correct my scapular winging/underactive pectorals.
- I do a few HSPU negatives in warm-ups throughout the week. My shoulder press is at 130 1RM.
- I can't even get into the L-sit position for 1 second sitting on the floor.
- I can do about 9 strict pull-ups
- I'm using the bar on overhead squats. My form is good, though. After being advised to squat by sitting back and keeping continuous hamstring tension throughout the descent, my form has felt great.
- I just researched and started Pose running today. (goodbye, calves.) My form actually felt great (went barefoot on a treadmill). I was lifting with my hamstrings instead of pushing off, I was striking on the balls of my feet and briefly touching my heel to the ground, and I felt comfortable leaning into gravity and striking under my center of mass.
- On pressing movements throughout my life I have allowed my elbows to flare. I recently fixed this, began doing push-ups and dropped weight on the bench to adopt a 45-degree-elbow and bar-over-nipple line pushing form. While i'm weaker this way, I've actually experienced DOMS for the 1st time in my life in my pectorals. I'm hoping my corrected pushing biomechanics will resolve both of these problems.
CFWU. (No sit-ups--i'm still shredded from my first GHSU workout a week or so ago)
800M Pose Method practice. (sub for 5k. I've hated running my whole life and I really hope POSE works out for me. I can't imagine looking forward to a cardio workout. I hope that may be the case one day.)
I also did extra Overhead Squat practice today. I may begin adding weight to the bar soon!
Last edited by Ben Cohen : 04-08-2009 at 09:14 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Eric's Log||Eric Kropp||Workout Logs||50||01-20-2009 01:42 PM|
|Eric's first Tabata||Eric Feigl||Workout Logs||0||11-23-2008 03:27 PM|
|Eric's Workout Log||Eric L Thomas||Workout Logs||4||08-30-2008 04:53 PM|
|Eric's Starting Strength Log||Eric Simpson||Workout Logs||8||08-01-2008 08:39 AM|
|Eric's Journal||Eric Allen Kerr||Workout Logs||12||02-21-2007 09:42 PM|